- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Variant Details Revealed: Launch Expected Soon
- 11 hrs ago Honda Cars India Introduce Virtual Showrooms: New Car Purchase From Comfort of Home
- 12 hrs ago Tata Tiago Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing In Delhi Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Best 9 Hours Battery Backup Laptops To Buy In India Under Rs. 40,000
- Movies NCB Summons TV Couple Sanam Johar & Abigail Pande; Raids Their Juhu Residence
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs MI: Six months is a long time without cricket, says Rohit Sharma after Mumbai bounce back with big win
- News 'Hero of zero hour': Union Minister' praise for Lok Sabha Speaker
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Janhvi Kapoor Unveils The Elegant Veil Look In Manish Malhotra’s Couture Movie
- Finance 3 Tips To Earn Higher Interest On Fixed Deposits
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Winter In India In 2020
- Education SWAYAM Admit Card 2020 Released For September 2020
The Mahindra Thar 700 Limited Edition was launched in June 2019 and is priced at Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Thar 700 will be a limited edition of the last 700 units of Thar CRDe that the company will manufacture in our country.
However, the limited edition will be discontinued after 700 units, so keeping one in your garage will be iconic. The limited-edition Thar gets Anand Mahindra's signature badging, which is placed on the right side of the vehicle.
The Thar has been like a cult following in our country and to celebrate the success of Thar CRDe, Mahindra has released a new video that reveals how the vehicle is built piece by piece by skilled workers.
The video showcases various processes being executed on the assembly line which include building the outer body, installing the body onto the chassis, installing the engine, adding wheels, and pasting various badging items such as 4×4, special edition Thar 700, and Thar CRDe.
It is very in the video that the Thar 700 is placed right next to the original CJ-3 series Jeep. However, the Thar 700 will be the last product to have CJ's DNA. While the next-gen models will be based on a completely new platform.
Thar 700 special edition comes with sporty 5-spoke alloy wheels (seen on the Scorpio) and decals on the bonnet and sides. the 700 is offered in two colour options, Aquamarine Blue and Napoli Black. It also features a blacked-out front grille, silver accents on the front bumper, leather upholstery, and 'THAR' logo on front seats.
Powering the Thar 700 special edition is the same 2.5-litre, 4 cylinders, turbo diesel engine which is seen on the regular Thar. The engine pumps out 105bhp of power and 247Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed manual gearbox and there is ABS to watch your back.
However, we are expecting the next-gen Thar to be powered by an all-new 2.0-litre, turbo diesel engine which might churn out 140bhp. There also might be a few updates like a touchscreen infotainment system, power windows and front-facing third-row seats. We also expect the next-gen Thar to launch by 2020.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Thar
The that has been like a cult following in our country and that vehicle was a huge success. However, will the new engine and all the updates we are expecting the new that to leave a benchmark like never before.