- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The all-new 2020 Mahindra Thar was recently spotted testing. The next-generation 2020 Mahindra Thar will have more ground clearance compared to the current version of the off-roader. The test mule spied is a near-production version spotted around Chennai as reported by Anything On Wheels.
The all-new 2020 Mahindra Thar will share the same platform with their third-generation the TUV 300 and the Scorpio. This makes the new Thar longer wider and taller compared to the current-generation of the Thar. We expect the 2020 Thar to make its debut at the Auto Expo next year and will go on sale soon after.
The Mahindra Thar has been on sale since 2010 in the Indian market. The off-roader has received a couple of facelifts and minor upgrades regularly. However, with the new emission and safety norms coming in next year, the company is releasing the next-gen SUV to comply with all the norms.
The next-gen 2020 Thar will feature a 2.2-litre BS-VI compliant turbo-diesel engine which would produce 140hp and 320Nm of torque. The company will also share this engine with the BS-VI Mahindra Scorpio. The power and torque figures make the SUV more powerful than the outgoing version to help with on-road and off-road terrains in sticky situations.
The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission with the same low-range selector and differential lock to help with those off-road terrains. The power will be delivered to the rear wheels as standard. A manual Four-Wheel Drive selector enables the driver to send the power to all four wheels through a transfer case. It will share the same low-range selector and differential lock to help with those off-road terrains.
On the safety front The new 2020, Thar will feature an (ABS) Anti-Lock Braking System with (EBD) Electronic Brake -Force Distribution, seat-belt reminder, dual front airbags, and a speed alert as mandated by the new safety law. It would also feature a new independent suspension as compared to the old leaf spring set up on the current-gen, making for a comfortable drive.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar will be offered in two versions, a Hard-Top and a Soft-Top right from the factory. With the boxy proportions and the flared wheel arches, the Thar continued to look very different as compared to the outgoing model parked at the side of the road. The external hood hinges are made of plastic compared to the metal ones on the current model. The SUV would feature an all-new front and rear bumper with some old body parts carried over from the previous model.
Interiors of the 2020 Thar would feature a touchscreen infotainment system and other minor updates adding to a pleasant cabin feel. The front-facing rear seat with seatbelts will make the commute more comfortable and safer for rear passengers.
Thoughts About The 2020 Mahindra Thar
Mahindra is all set to release new BS-VI models from their current line-up early next year. The all-new 2020 Thar will make the off-roader more comfortable and safer with all the new updates. The next-gen Thar will go up against recently released the all-new Force Gurkha which is the only competitor for the SUV till date.