- 3 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 5 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 6 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- News J&K: Seven terrorist associates of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hizbul Mujahideen arrested in Bandipora
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Movies Dance Plus 5: Shah Rukh Khan In Awe Of 'Fauji' Bhim Bahadur’s Performance
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Sports Pakistan trump Bangladesh to bag T20I series
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mahindra Electric Mobility, the electric vehicle wing of Mahindra & Mahindra, has announced a halt in production of their e2o Plus electric car. The four door e2o Plus was launched in October 2016, and replaced the older two door variant that was in production since 2013.
According to Business Standard, Mahindra has stopped production of the e2o Plus because of low sales. Speculation is also that production of the eo2 Plus was stopped so that Mahindra can utilize the production facility to manufacture newer electric models like the e-KUV100 and the e-KUV300. The last e2o Plus was manufactured on 31 March 2019.
The Mahindra e2o Plus was produced at the Mahindra facility at Karnataka. It was offered in four variants — the P2, P4, P6, and the P8. The P8 was the top-of-the-line model and offered 140 kilometers over a full charge. The P2, P4, and P6 variants offered 110 kilometers on a full charge. The P2, and the P8 variants were discontinued in 2018, and only the P4, and P6 models were available until now.
The prices for the Mahindra e20 variants ranged between Rs 7.5 lakh and Rs 8.2 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Mahindra showcased the e-KUV100 the 2018 auto expo, and is slated for a 2019 launch. The electric variant will feature the same motor that is on the eVerito and will get a two-phase Alternate Current induction 31kWh electric motor. The vehicle will also feature a Lithium-ion battery and could offer a range of 140 kilometers on a full charge. It will feature a fast-charger that can charge the battery to 80 per cent in an hour.
Once launched, the Mahindra e-KUV100 will the first all-electric micro SUV in India. The vehicle is expected to sport connectivity features like remote diagnostics, cabin pre-cooling, real time location tracking, and will also track battery performance and driving patterns.
Mahindra will launch a second electric vehicle, the e-XUV300 some time during 2020. Codenamed the S210, the vehicle will be available in short and long range variants. The short range variant is able to cover 200 kilometers on a full charge, and the long ranges one between 350 and 400 kilometers.
Thoughts About The e2o Being Out Of Production
Good move by Mahindra. While we do see the occasional e2o Plus on the roads, it is not as common as Mahindra may have expected to be. Having said that, they have the experience with small electric vehicle and that expertise will help with the e-KUV100 and the e-KUV300. Let's hope their bigger electric vehicles do better that the e2o Plus.