- 1 hr ago 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Facelift Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 44.90 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Renault Kwid Neotech Variant Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Dual-Tone Paint Scheme & More
- 20 hrs ago MG Hector Facelift Spotted Testing In Vadodara: Details & Specifications
- Sports IPL 2020: Adaptability is the key, says Kumble
- Technology MPL Online Play Jio Phone: How to Play MPL Game Online On Jio Phone
- Movies Chitrangda Singh Talks About The Need To End Colourism: I Am Brown And Happy
- News Prashant Bhushan moves Supreme Court, seeks review plea of fine imposed on him in contempt case
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In October
- Lifestyle What Is The Scarsdale Diet? Does It Help In Weight Loss?
- Finance IndusInd Bank Top Index Gainer, Brokerages See Up To 26% Upside
- Education RBSE 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared
Mahindra is said to be working on introducing a new version of the popular XUV300 in the Indian market. The new SUV from Mahindra will be an extended version of the popular compact-SUV offering from the Indian carmaker.
The new SUV, codenamed S204 has been spied testing in India for the first time. The Mahindra S204 will be based on the international-spec Ssangyong XLV for the Indian market. The spy pics from carandbike, revealing a heavily camouflaged version of the SUV undergoing testing for the first time on the streets of Chennai.
The spy pics of the Mahindra S204 showcases dummy headlamps, steel rims and the company's signature front grille. Apart from these, no other details can be spotted under the heavy camouflage.
However, the silhouette of the S204 reveals design characters similar to the XUV300. It also features similar wing mirrors and rear quarter glass as well. The air dam and the tailgate on the SUV has been revised from the XUV300, with the registration plate area now moved higher on the tailgate. The car is also said to come with a shark fin antenna and roof rails.
There is currently limited information regarding the new Mahindra S204. However, the SUV is expected to come powered by the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as on the XUV300. Mahindra is also expected to introduce a new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine, which might debut on the S204 SUV and the Marazzo as well.
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV was launched earlier this year and is offered with a competitive pricing starting at Rs 8.10 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Mahindra XUV300 rivals the likes of the recently launched Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon in the Indian compact-SUV segment.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra S204 SUV For India
The Mahindra S204 has been spotted testing in India for the first time. The SUV is based on the Ssangyong XLV, indicating an extended version of the XUV300 to be on the cards for the Indian market. However, with very little information available at this time, we will have to wait for any sort of official confirmation to be made by Mahindra in the future.