- Sports Domene's hat-trick hands Argentina second Junior Hockey World Cup title
- News India's Omicron tally rises to 21 with 17 new cases
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy Committee Meet, December 6-8: Will RBI Hike Reverse Repo Rate?
- Movies Prithviraj Sukumaran's Gold: Director Alphonse Puthren Reveals A Major Update!
- Technology Moto G51 5G India Launch Set For December 10; Expected Price, Features
- Lifestyle Ahead Of Katrina Kaif’s Wedding, 5 Awesome Makeup And Hairstyling Lessons From Her Instagram Feed
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
Mahindra is said to be working on introducing a new version of the popular XUV300 in the Indian market. The new SUV from Mahindra will be an extended version of the popular compact-SUV offering from the Indian carmaker.
The new SUV, codenamed S204 has been spied testing in India for the first time. The Mahindra S204 will be based on the international-spec Ssangyong XLV for the Indian market. The spy pics from carandbike, revealing a heavily camouflaged version of the SUV undergoing testing for the first time on the streets of Chennai.
The spy pics of the Mahindra S204 showcases dummy headlamps, steel rims and the company's signature front grille. Apart from these, no other details can be spotted under the heavy camouflage.
However, the silhouette of the S204 reveals design characters similar to the XUV300. It also features similar wing mirrors and rear quarter glass as well. The air dam and the tailgate on the SUV has been revised from the XUV300, with the registration plate area now moved higher on the tailgate. The car is also said to come with a shark fin antenna and roof rails.
There is currently limited information regarding the new Mahindra S204. However, the SUV is expected to come powered by the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as on the XUV300. Mahindra is also expected to introduce a new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine, which might debut on the S204 SUV and the Marazzo as well.
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV was launched earlier this year and is offered with a competitive pricing starting at Rs 8.10 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Mahindra XUV300 rivals the likes of the recently launched Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon in the Indian compact-SUV segment.
Thoughts On The New Mahindra S204 SUV For India
The Mahindra S204 has been spotted testing in India for the first time. The SUV is based on the Ssangyong XLV, indicating an extended version of the XUV300 to be on the cards for the Indian market. However, with very little information available at this time, we will have to wait for any sort of official confirmation to be made by Mahindra in the future.