- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mahindra has announced a recall of their Imperio pickup truck in order to address a fault with the rear axle. The recall affects the Mahindra Imperio units sold between April-June 2018 and has already started to take place.
As with any recall, the issue will be fixed and a total inspection will be done on the vehicles, free of cost. Customers of the affected vehicles will be directly contacted by their respective Mahindra dealership to fix a convenient service appointment. Owners of the Mahindra Imperio can also check the Service Action section in the official website to see if their vehicles come under the recall.
The brand has not shared the exact number of Mahindra Imperio units coming under the recall, but it shouldl be close to 300.
The Mahindra Imperio was launched back in January 2016 at a starting price of Rs 6.40 lakh ex-showroom (Mumbai). Introduced as a replacement to the Genio range of Mahindra pickup trucks, the Imperio is available in both single-cabin and double-cabin formats. It shares the same platform as the now-discontinued Mahindra Xylo (replaced by the Mahindra Marazzo).
Features such as tilt-steering, air-conditioning, 2-DIN audio system, keyless entry, driving modes (Power and Eco), power windows, 16-inch wheels, illuminated keyhole, etc., are all part of the package.
The 2016 Mahindra Imperio comes with a 2.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that makes 75bhp and 220Nm of torque. The power plant is mated to a five-speed manual transmission and promises an average fuel efficiency of 13.55km/l. The pickup truck has an impressive payload capacity of 1240kg.
The Mahindra Imperio is also exported to various countries in South East Asia and Latin America. It is not sure if some of the export units also come under the recall.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Imperio Pickup's Recall
Being a vehicle meant to carry loads for long distances, the rear axle of a pickup truck undergoes a high amount of stress. For the same reason, the recall notice for the Mahindra Imperio should be considered as a top priority rather than delaying it to sometime later.