- 2 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 2 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News Music composer Khayyam passes away
- Movies Veteran Music Composer Khayyam Passes Away
- Sports PKL 2019: UP Yoddha notch comfortable win over league leaders Jaipur Pink Panthers
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra has confirmed that the company will launch three new electric vehicles in the Indian market, in the coming years. The three new electric vehicles will come in the form of the e-KUV100, e-XUV300 and an electric version of the Mahindra-badged Ford Aspire.
The announcement regarding the three Mahindra electric vehicles was made during the first quarter financial results by Pawan Goenka, MD, Mahindra. He stated that the e-KUV100 will go on sale sometime in late-2019; the electric XUV300 will be launched in 2020 and the electric version of the Mahindra-badged Ford Aspire will be available from 2021.
All the three electric vehicles will be available in the market, alongside the Mahindra e-Verito, which is already available in the country. Mahindra Electric has already discontinued the e2o in the Indian market, as the small car could not comply with the stringent safety and crash test norms in the country.
Also apart from the three electric vehicles, Mahindra is also planning to develop a completely new platform for EVs in India. This new platform will be used on brand new electric vehicles built from scratch; unlike the current models which have been converted into EVs from their respective IC engine versions. These new Mahindra EVs would be ready to go on sale in India sometime around late-2022 or early-2023.
Pawan Goenka also added that the recent reduction of GST rates on electric vehicles from 12 to 5 per cent has further strengthened their commitment towards EVs in the country. There was also a reduction of GST rates on EV chargers in the country to 5 per cent from the previous 18 per cent; which will help accelerate the development of EV charging infrastructure in the country.
The Mahindra e-KUV100 and the electric version of the XUV300 have already been spotted testing on Indian streets on multiple occasions. The Mahindra e-KUV100 which is the first of the three EVs slated for launch later this year, is expected to offer a maximum range of 120km on a single charge. It will be powered by a 16kWh battery pack producing around 40kW (53bhp) and 120Nm of torque — here are the details and the spy pics of the upcoming e-KUV100.
Thoughts On The Three New Mahindra Electric Vehicles For India
Mahindra is trying to lead the charge among homegrown manufacturers to introduce electric vehicles in the market. The company already has the technology available with the previous e2o and the current e-Verito in the market and will be looking to expand its portfolio in the Indian EV segment.