- 42 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies Barun Sobti B’day Spl: Sanaya Irani Or Surbhi Jyoti – Who Makes The BEST Jodi With Birthday Boy?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50 New Firmware Improves Battery And System Stability
- News ‘Bikini airline’ VietJet kicks off Delhi to Vietnam, with tickets starting Rs 9; Check details
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia's Elaborate Anarkali Is What Will Up Your Festive Wardrobe
- Finance RIL, Medanta, Policybazaar, Curefit, Among Cos To Invest In Jammu & Kashmir
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra & Mahindra has announced that their Bolero Power+ model is now BS-VI ready. The new BS-VI Mahindra Bolero Power+ has also received a certification from ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology) towards its BS-VI technology.
The company will introduce the new BS-VI compliant Bolero Power+ sometime in early 2020. Apart from the Bolero SUV, Mahindra is also getting ready on the BS-VI technology for its other models available in India as well.
Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, stated,
"As the first milestone in our BS-VI readiness journey, we are delighted to get the BS-VI certification for the Bolero Power+. The Bolero is one of our highest selling SUVs and has been the first UV (Utility Vehicle) to be certified as BS-VI ready by the ICAT."
Apart from the BS-VI ready announcement, Mahindra has also added a number of safety updates on the Bolero Power+. This includes airbags, high-speed alert system, driver and front passenger seatbelt reminders, manual override for the central locking system and reverse parking sensors.
Mahindra also offers the Bolero Power+ with ABS, anti-glare IRVM, digital immobilizer and front disc brakes as well. Mahindra had silently launched the ABS version of the Bolero Power+ in India sometime back, with a starting price of Rs 7.56 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Bolero Power+ is powered by a 1.5-litre diesel engine producing 70bhp and 195Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The standard Bolero, however, comes with a larger 2.5-litre diesel engine. It produces 63bhp and 195Nm of torque; mated to the same manual gearbox.
Mahindra will also introduce a new update to the Bolero soon. This will make it compliant with the BNVSAP and crash test norms in the country; implemented from the 1st of October 2019.
Apart from the Bolero itself, Mahindra is also working on updating its entire range of products for the BS-VI emission norms. Spy pics of multiple Mahindra products have been leaked online, undergoing extensive testing ahead of their respective launches.
Mahindra is also set to launch a new Thar in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar will launch in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. It will come with a host of updates, including design changes, mechanical revision and an updated feature & equipment list as well.
Thoughts On The BS-VI Ready Mahindra Bolero Power+
The Mahindra Bolero is the highest-selling SUV from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV first went on sale in the market back in August 2000; recording over 12 lakh customers over the years.