- 2 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 36 min ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports Ajay Jayaram, Shubhankar Dey out of SaarLorLux Open; in isolation amid COVID scare
- Lifestyle Recipe For Oil-Free Le Garden Protein Power Salad
- News Cabinet approves mechanism for procurement of ethanol
- Finance IDBI Bank To Raise Upto Rs 6,000 Crore From Institutional Investors
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur On Dating Amid Lockdown: The Option Was Never There For Me Because I Was Cut Off
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
- Education TN 11th Supplementary Result 2020: Check TN HSE +1 Plus One Result 2020
With the new BS-VI emission norms set to be implemented in India from April 2020, Mahindra is working on updating all of its products to comply with the new stringent emission regulations.
Ahead of the new emission norm implementation, Mahindra's flagship seven-seater SUV the Alturas G4 has been spied testing in India, undergoing emission testing. The Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI model is expected to go on sale sometime early next year.
As seen from the spy pics from ZigWheels, the upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI can be seen with heavy emission testing equipment at the rear of the SUV. The spy pics also showcase the car without any camouflage, although the badges have been covered up.
Reports also suggest that apart from the emission update, the Alturas G4 could also receive other subtle design and feature upgrades as well. This includes a new badging layout, updated dual-tone alloy wheels and interiors with an updated dual-tone dashboard and cabin.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Mahindra Alturas G4 will come with the updated version of the same engine, as on the current model. The BS-IV version of the 2.2-litre diesel engine churns out 181bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The updated BS-VI compliant engine, on the other hand, could be offered with a slight increase in power output. We expect the BS-VI version of the diesel engine to produce 187bhp (6bhp increase) while offering the same 420Nm of torque.
The updated engine will continue to be mated to the seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
Apart from all the above changes and expected updates on the Alturas G4, the SUV will remain unchanged. It will carry forward the same set of features, equipment and safety options as the current model on sale.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone climate control, powered driver's seat, powered tailgate, ventilated front seats, cruise control, 360-degree camera, ABS with EBD, front and rear parking sensors, hill-start assist, electronic stability control and a host of others.
Once launched in the Indian market, Mahindra will price the Alturas G4 BS-VI slightly higher than the current model. With the current prices for the flagship SUV starting at Rs 27.70 lakh, ex-showroom, we can expect a price hike of around Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh on the new model.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4 Spy Pics
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the flagship model from the brand in the Indian market. It offers a host of features and is good on performance; making it an excellent all-round package. The Mahindra Alturas G4 once on sale in India will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.