- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 6 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Hyderabad FC Team Preview: Strength, weakness, squad, key players, prediction
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 18 LIVE Updates: Bigg Boss Shocks Contestants And Announces The Dreaded ‘Jail’
- News Kartarpur Corridor: Reached agreement on all issues, except service fee, says MEA
- Technology Nokia 110 2019 Feature Phone Launched In India For Rs. 1,599
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
Indian automaker Mahindra is hard at work preparing an all-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine for its SUVs. According to a report by Autocar India, the new 2.0-litre turbocharged Mahindra diesel engine will be offered in three different power levels depending on the vehicle it is being used in.
According to the report, the new engine in its most basic state of tune will churn out around 140bhp and 300Nm of torque. This bare-bones version of the new 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine will be seen under the bonnet of the 2020 Thar, which is currently being tested quite intensely on Indian roads. The engine will provide a massive upgrade in terms of power to the SUV, as the Thar's current powerplant only cranks out 104bhp and 245Nm of torque.
The next step up in terms of tuning will see the new Mahindra engine's power output rise to around 150bhp which is expected to potentially make its way under the bonnet of the Scorpio. The 150bhp variant of the new Mahindra engine too is expected to arrive in the carmaker's SUVs sometime in 2020.
The final and most powerful version of the new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine from Mahindra is expected to be seen under the bonnet of the next-gen XUV500, the largest SUV the carmaker currently manufactures in India. According to the report by Autocar India, the new 2.0-litre diesel engine from Mahindra will be pushing around 180bhp through its gearbox to its wheels when it arrives sometime in 2020. The new engine will make its way under the hood of Ford's version of the XUV500, which will be the first vehicle made as part of the partnership between the American auto giant and Mahindra.
The report states that the new engine will also feature an upgrade in terms of torque output compared to the base-spec version of the powerplant. The peak torque output of the next-gen Mahindra XUV500's engine will be a rather chunky 360 Newton-metres.
While the power outputs of the new engine will excite Mahinda followers especially Thar fanboys across the nation, the new powerplant will make quite a dent in their wallets when it arrives. To ensure that the new engine meets BS-VI emission standards, quite a lot of work has gone into the building of the new engine. This is due to the fact that Mahindra is expected to raise prices of its diesel vehicles by quite a hefty amount compared to the prices of its automobiles we see on the road today.