- 25 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 29 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Phantom: Kiccha Sudeep And Team Head To Kerala For The Next Schedule?
- News Explained: What is Constitution Day? what was November 26 observed as before 2015?
- Sports UFC Vegas 15: Blaydes vs. Lewis fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
The Lexus LC500h will soon be launched in the Indian market. Lexus is preparing to launch the 2-door coupe in the Indian market, targeting sportscar buyers. The Lexus LC500h is a GT car with sporty traits and is currently the flagship coupe in Lexus' line-up.
Lexus considering the car for the Indian market is big news because Lexus now looks at India as a matured market and hopes to find a good number of buyers for the LC500h. Lexus is a luxury brand has earned itself a reputation of being a premium ,sensible and utterly reliable car manufacturer, all across the world.
The Lexus LC500h began its journey as the LF-LC Concept was back in 2012. The near-production guise was showcased in 2016 and it finally went on sale in 2017. Lexus launched a refresh earlier this year, and now we finally have confirmation that it will be launched by 2020.
The Lexus LC500h surely stands out in a crowd of sophisticated German rivals. It is one of the most elegant yet aggressive cars to come out from the Lexus stable. It features the signature Lexus hexagonal grille up front flanked by sharp and sleek headlamps with V-shaped LED DRLs.
The long bonnet and wide track makes it look fast even while standing still. The sharp design language continues on the side profile as well. Large vents just behind the doors further add to the style quotient. The Lexus LC500h rides on stylish 20-inch-wheels.
The sharp angles continue at the rear too, with the LED tail-lamp and the bumper with integrated dual exhaust outlets. The interiors in the Lexus LC500h are made up of premium materials and more sharp lines.
Alcantara can be found all over and there's a bit of carbon-fibre trim too. The number of buttons have been kept to a minimum. Infotainment duties are handled by a 10.3-inch touchscreen. The steering wheel is nice and thick, complete with controls for the infotainment, cruise control, drive modes, etc.
The front passenger gets a pair of grab handles, one on either side, giving them an idea of how scary the ride might be. The top-spec Lexus LC500 is powered by a naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V8 engine.
Sadly though, the Indian market won't be getting this engine. Lexus will be launching the LC500h in India and lower case ‘h' at the end should be telling you a lot. Yes, it is a hybrid engine.
Power is drawn from a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine in tandem with an electric motor. Together, they put out a maximum power figure of 349bhp. Lexus has used a complex transmission system that makes use of a 4-speed torque converter and a 6-step CVT at the same time. Together, they allow the driver to play around with 10 gear ratios in manual mode.
Performance as expected from such a car is just brilliant. 0-100km/h is done in just 4.7 seconds and the Lexus LC500h will go on to touch an electronically limited top speed of 249km/h.
Thoughts On Lexus LC500h Sports Coupe To be Launched In India
Being a hybrid, the Lexus LC500h is clean, green and yet offers brilliant performance in a car that is extremely stylish. Sounds perfect right? Well, almost. Because for us petrolheads, a V8 soundtrack beats all else and we would have loved to see the big V8 in the Indian market. If the LC is being launched in India, might as well bring in the masterpiece right?