- 42 min ago Hero Karizma R Modified By Calicut Based Mohamed Adhil
- 47 min ago Rolls Royce Cullinan Black Badge Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 8.2 Crore
- 1 day ago Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- 1 day ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- News Verve missing as Mumbai nightlife policy kicks in
- Movies Ekta Kapoor's Son Ravie's Birthday Bash: Erica, Karishma, Pearl, Karan-Ankita & Others Attend PICS
- Technology Motorola Says Bumps And Lumps Are Normal For Moto Razr
- Sports Nacho winner takes Real Madrid to the top of La Liga
- Finance Govt May Allow Indian Companies To Be Listed Abroad
- Lifestyle 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India announced yesterday that it has partnered with ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services to offer leasing services for its premium car models. The leasing services will be launched across the country but will start at Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, and Bangalore initially.
Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India, said, "This innovative partnership will enable customers to lease the award winning Jeep Compass without having to pay for the vehicle outright and enjoy the cash flow benefits."
According to livemint, FCA feel that the partnership strengthens their commitment towards providing the Jeep ownership experience to Indian customers. FCA India and ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services will incorporate multiple benefits including road tax payments, insurance and renewals, breakdown assistance, accident repairs, end-to-end maintenance and a pay-as-per-use model for a period of two to five years.
Sandeep Gambhir, Managing Director and CEO, ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services, said, "We look forward to strengthening our leasing solutions and to providing innovative benefits to customers, enabling them to experience premium products and avail of value-adds."
Thoughts About FCA Offering Leasing Of Cars
Automobile manufactures have been investing in leasing strategies for a while now. Volkswagen was the first to offer this scheme a few years ago. They witnessed a big jump in sales of their Skoda models. Volkswagen also leases it hatchbacks to various government offices, agencies, and individuals, having recently won a contract to do so.
Foreign manufactures like Ford, Hyundai, and VW offer leasing services to their C Level management and also to foreign engineers based out of India. They usually lease the vehicles for a period of three years after which the vehicles are refurbished and sold to regular customers for a big discount.
It is great to see companies like Fiat Chrysler Automobiles getting into the leasing game. This is definitely the future of the automotive industry. Every one wants to own and drive premium cars and this may be the right way to go about it. We now need to figure out what leasing costs and then may be we can all drive around in Jeeps. How about that!