- 20 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 23 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- News Muslim woman names her new-born child, 'Narendra Damodardas Modi'
- Sports Warriors' Iguodala considering retirement
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India announced yesterday that it has partnered with ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services to offer leasing services for its premium car models. The leasing services will be launched across the country but will start at Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, and Bangalore initially.
Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India, said, "This innovative partnership will enable customers to lease the award winning Jeep Compass without having to pay for the vehicle outright and enjoy the cash flow benefits."
According to livemint, FCA feel that the partnership strengthens their commitment towards providing the Jeep ownership experience to Indian customers. FCA India and ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services will incorporate multiple benefits including road tax payments, insurance and renewals, breakdown assistance, accident repairs, end-to-end maintenance and a pay-as-per-use model for a period of two to five years.
Sandeep Gambhir, Managing Director and CEO, ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services, said, "We look forward to strengthening our leasing solutions and to providing innovative benefits to customers, enabling them to experience premium products and avail of value-adds."
Thoughts About FCA Offering Leasing Of Cars
Automobile manufactures have been investing in leasing strategies for a while now. Volkswagen was the first to offer this scheme a few years ago. They witnessed a big jump in sales of their Skoda models. Volkswagen also leases it hatchbacks to various government offices, agencies, and individuals, having recently won a contract to do so.
Foreign manufactures like Ford, Hyundai, and VW offer leasing services to their C Level management and also to foreign engineers based out of India. They usually lease the vehicles for a period of three years after which the vehicles are refurbished and sold to regular customers for a big discount.
It is great to see companies like Fiat Chrysler Automobiles getting into the leasing game. This is definitely the future of the automotive industry. Every one wants to own and drive premium cars and this may be the right way to go about it. We now need to figure out what leasing costs and then may be we can all drive around in Jeeps. How about that!