- 3 min ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- News 9 killed in lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India announced yesterday that it has partnered with ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services to offer leasing services for its premium car models. The leasing services will be launched across the country but will start at Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, and Bangalore initially.
Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India, said, "This innovative partnership will enable customers to lease the award winning Jeep Compass without having to pay for the vehicle outright and enjoy the cash flow benefits."
According to livemint, FCA feel that the partnership strengthens their commitment towards providing the Jeep ownership experience to Indian customers. FCA India and ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services will incorporate multiple benefits including road tax payments, insurance and renewals, breakdown assistance, accident repairs, end-to-end maintenance and a pay-as-per-use model for a period of two to five years.
Sandeep Gambhir, Managing Director and CEO, ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services, said, "We look forward to strengthening our leasing solutions and to providing innovative benefits to customers, enabling them to experience premium products and avail of value-adds."
Thoughts About FCA Offering Leasing Of Cars
Automobile manufactures have been investing in leasing strategies for a while now. Volkswagen was the first to offer this scheme a few years ago. They witnessed a big jump in sales of their Skoda models. Volkswagen also leases it hatchbacks to various government offices, agencies, and individuals, having recently won a contract to do so.
Foreign manufactures like Ford, Hyundai, and VW offer leasing services to their C Level management and also to foreign engineers based out of India. They usually lease the vehicles for a period of three years after which the vehicles are refurbished and sold to regular customers for a big discount.
It is great to see companies like Fiat Chrysler Automobiles getting into the leasing game. This is definitely the future of the automotive industry. Every one wants to own and drive premium cars and this may be the right way to go about it. We now need to figure out what leasing costs and then may be we can all drive around in Jeeps. How about that!