- 6 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 7 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Laureti Automotive Corporation, a London-based electric car brand has announced its plans to enter the Indian market. Laureti Automotive will bring in their DionX electric SUV into the market by 2021, as part of its plans to provide clean mobility solutions in the country.
The company is also currently investing USD 370 million (equivalent to Rs 2,577 crore) in India to set up their manufacturing plant in Puducherry, Tamil Nadu. The plant will have an initial production capacity of 10,000 vehicles per year, which will be increased to 20,000 by 2023.
According to reports, the DionX and its components will be manufactured and assembled in India. The plant will be operational by the third quarter of 2021.
Marcus Paleti, CEO, Laureti Automotive Corporation, told PTI, "The state government (Puducherry) has been proactively assisting us over the past 14 months to set up the facility, that ensures an investment of USD 370 million."
The Laureti DionX comes with a 100KwH battery and claims to have a range of 540km on a single charge. When launched in India, the electric SUV will come in two trims and have a starting price of around Rs 40 lakh, ex-showroom. In terms of performance, the DionX claims a 0 - 60km/h in just 5.4 seconds. Paleti said that the DionX also comes with an artificial Intelligence system to improve performance and safety assists.
In order to prove the 540km range, the Laureti DionX is scheduled to complete an endurance test in August later this year. As per the endurance initiative, the electric SUV will complete 6,000km from Leh (Jammu & Kashmir) to Chennai (Tamil Nadu) with less than 12 charge cycles. Along the way, the DionX will also pass through some major cities as well.
The company is also planning to work with the state and central governments and bring in its patented charging stations. Laureti aims to set up over 1 lakh charging points nationwide, this includes home chargers.
Paleti, stated, "The Indian market is on the cusp of transition, which has been facilitated by the growing need for clean mobility. This encourages us and others in the industry to find solutions to the key problems, that facilitates India's growth trajectory."
Thoughts On The Laureti DionX Electric SUV
Laureti Automotive Corporation is a London-based brand, specialising in electric vehicles. The company currently has its R&D, Prototyping and design facilities set up in both the UK and Spain.