- 56 min ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launch Live Updates: Price, Specifications, Features & Other Details
- 1 hr ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Ahead Of Launch Early Next Year
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Auto Conducts Free Service Camps In Flood Affected States
- Lifestyle Sadbhavana Diwas 2019: Pioneering Quotes of Rajiv Gandhi
- Movies Sudeep Says Pailwaan Is The Beginning Of Certain Changes In His Life! Hopes To Keep Up To It
- Finance SBI To Give Special Offers On Loans This Festive Season
- Sports Messi, Ibrahimovic nominated for FIFA goal of the year
- Technology Realme 5, Realme 5 Pro India Launch – Watch The Live Stream Here
- News Haryana Jobs: HSSC recruitment notification for 755 Haryana govt jobs out; When can you apply
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Land Rover has launched a new entry-level Discovery model to their lineup. The new entry-level Land Rover Discovery is now priced at Rs 75.18 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new Discovery SUV is now offered with a small 2.0-litre diesel engine, available on all four of its trims in the Indian market.
The new 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel unit from JLR (Jaguar Land Rover) to feature a series sequential turbo-technology. This new technology help produce more power output from the same engine. The 2.0-litre diesel engine on the Land Rover Discovery churns out 240bhp and 500Nm of torque; mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, JLR India, stated,
"The Discovery's unmatched capability and versatility has now been enhanced with the introduction of the high powered Ingenium diesel variant at an attractive price that we believe will enable the Discovery to appeal to a wider customer base."
The new base variant of the Land Rover Discovery is almost Rs 1.74 lakh more affordable than the 3.0-litre variant. The Land Rover Discovery 3.0-litre is available at a price of Rs 76.94 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Similar to the old trims, the new 2.0-litre diesel engine on the Discovery is available in all four variants, this includes: S, SE, HSE and HSE Luxury.
Apart from the addition of the smaller displacement engine, the Land Rover Discovery remains unchanged. It continues to feature the same equipments, features and technology as the other models.
These features include four-zone climate control, powered third row seats, 360-degree surround camera, adaptive cruise control, protect & remote, intelligent seat fold, electrically reclining seats and a host of others.
Being a Land Rover, the Discovery is also an extremely capable off-roader as well. The Land Rover Discovery comes with a best-in-class approach angle of 34-degrees and a departure angle of 27.5-degree. It also offers 900mm water wading capabilities while also having a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes.
Thoughts On The Land Rover Discovery With The New 2.0-Litre Engine
The Land Rover Discovery is offered in both a five and seven-seater configuration in the Indian market. It offers extreme off-roading capabilities and an equally impressive drive and handling characteristics on the tarmac. The Land Rover Discovery rivals the likes of the Mercedes-benz GLE, Audi Q7 and the BMW X5 in the Indian market.