- 11 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 7.98 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 15 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- Finance Go Air Offers Steep Discount On 1 Million Seats; Fares Rs. 899 Onwards
- News How 'Modi-bashing' backfired
- Technology Redmi Go upgraded variant teased officially
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 16: A Decent Day For The Mahesh Babu Movie!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Italian supercar marque Lamborghini has revealed the Huracan Evo Spyder. The Lamborghini Huracan Evo Spyder will make its debut at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show next month. The Spyder is the drop-top version of the Huracan Evo that was revealed late last month.
The Lamborghini Huracan Spyder Evo is powered by the same naturally aspirated 5.2-litre V10 that produces 631bhp @ 8,000rpm and 600Nm of torque @ 6,500rpm. The power and torque is sent to all four wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission and all-wheel-drive.
The Lamborghini Huracan Evo Spyder weighs in at 120 kilos heavier than its coupe sibling (1542kg for the Spyder compared to the regular car's 1522kg kerb weight) thanks to the use of strengthening to cut out chassis flex and the new folding mechanism for the folding soft top.
Despite the extra weight, the Spyder is just two-tenths of a second slower than the coupe to 100km/h, completing the sprint from standstill to a tonne in just 3.1 seconds. The gap becomes three-tenths of a second when the 200km/h mark is hit with the convertible Huracan Evo completing the sprint in 9.3 seconds. The Lamborghini Huracan Evo Spyder tops out at an impressive 325 km/h, which is the same as the coupe.
In terms of design, the Huracan Evo Spyder like its coupe sibling gains the new body kit that differentiates the new Evo models from the original Huracan. The Huracan Evo though has two major features that help differentiate it from the coupe in the form of the soft-top roof and the rear decklid. The electronically operated soft-top roof can be lowered into the rear decklid in just 17 seconds at speeds of up to 50km/h.
When the roof lowers into its storage area, two fins in the same colour as the body rise upwards out of the folding roof casing towards the seatbacks. For those wishing to hear the sonorous V10 engine without having to drop the roof, the rear window can be lowered.
The Huracan Evo Spyder sits on 20-inch Aesir rims that are clad in 245/30 R20 (front) - 305/30 R20 (rear), Pirelli P Zero tyres. Providing the stopping power for the drop-top supercar are ventilated and cross-drilled carbon-ceramic discs, that measure in at 380mm at the front and 356mm at the rear.
Inside, the Huracan Evo Spyder gets a new EVO trim that mixes Alcantara and leather with stitching and trim details to match the body tone. Also available are lightweight materials such as Carbon Forged Composite and Lamborghini's patented Carbon Skin.