- 2 hrs ago Ducati Partners With North Star Automotive — Aiming Maximum Presence In India
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Receives 6,046 Bookings On The First Day — Launch Scheduled In August
- 4 hrs ago BS-VI Petrol & Diesel Prices Will Increase Post April 2020 — Another Challenge For The Auto Sector!
- 5 hrs ago Lotus Evija Electric Hypercar Unveiled — Time Travel Is Almost Here!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi A3 Launched – Triple Rear Cameras, Snapdragon 665 SoC And More
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Full Schedule, team-wise schedule, date and time, venues of PKL 2019
- Movies Veteran Bengali Actor Swarup Dutta Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest In Kolkata
- News Rift in Delhi Cong wide open: PC Chacko curtails Sheila Dikshit’s powers
- Lifestyle Teen Sells Bottled Bathwater to Men Online and It's A Runaway Success
- Finance What Are Dynamic Bond Funds?
- Education ICAI CPT June Result 2019 To Be Released On July 18
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Lamborghini India has launched the new Huracan EVO at a price of Rs 3.73 crore (ex-showroom). The standard Lamborghini Huracan has now been discontinued and according to Lamborghini, the Huracan EVO is a facelift but going by the features, this is much more than just a facelift.
It might as well be called the next-generation Lamborghini Huracan. Though a majority of the changes have happened under the skin, the difference in terms of design is clearly visible on the outside.
It still carries over the sharp design from the standard Huracan, but it now sports some bits and bobs that help decrease lap times. The front end sports a new splitter, sharper nose and wider air intake. The side profile is characterised by the new 20-inch Aesir rims a majority of the changes in design have happened at the rear.
The rear-end is clearly inspired by the Huracan Performante. The exhaust outlets are positioned higher-up in the car bumper. The Huracan EVO also features an integrated spoiler. The large diffuser further stresses on the performance nature of the Lamborghini Huracan EVO.
As mentioned earlier, the biggest updates have happened under the skin. The engine has been taken from the Huracan Performante. It is a 5.2-litre naturally aspirated V10 engine with a maximum power output of 640bhp @8,000RPM and a peak torque output of 600Nm @6,500RPM.
A 7-speed dual-clutch transmission drives all four wheels. It features a titanium intake valves and a lightweight exhaust system to help produce an emotional sound.
Matteo Ortenzi, CEO of Automobili Lamborghini Asia Pacific was quoted as saying, "The Huracén EVO is the very definition of evolution as it's a step ahead in terms of redefining the segment parameters. It is remarkably easy to drive, while delivering the most responsive, sensory and agile driving experience, in every environment."
The lamborghini Huracan EVO boasts of a dry weight of just 1,422 kilograms and this allows the supercar to have blistering levels of performance. 0-100km/h is done away with in just 2.9 seconds while 0-200km/h takes 9.0 seconds. The Huracan EVO will go on to touch a top speed of more than 325km/h.
The Lamborghini Huracan EVO now comes with Lamborghini Dinamica Veicolo Integrata (LDVI) which controls the rear wheel steering and torque vectoring system. It electronically controls the amount of drive being sent to individual wheels and anticipates the driver's next move depending upon the terrain and the drive mode.
It also comes with Lamborghini Piattaforma Inerziale (LPI), which includes a comprehensive set of accelerators and gyroscope sensors placed at the car's center of gravity. It monitors the dynamic vehicle attitude regarding lateral, longitudinal and vertical accelerations, as well as roll, pitch and yaw rate.
The magneto rheological suspension, which has also been upgraded, now adapts damping to the inputs from the LPI unit. The insides of the Lamborghini Huracan EVO sports a capacitive 8.4-inch touchscreen with multi-finger gesture control in the centre console. All of the car's functions can be used using the same touchscreen. It also comes with Apple CarPlay.
Thoughts On Lamborghini Huracan EVO Launched In India
Lamborghini is upping the ante with every single car it launches. It was just last month that the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ was launched in India and now it is the Huracan EVO. India is one of the most important markets for Lamborghini and going by Lamborghini's strategy, the same is being made very clear. The Lamborghini Huracan EVO is a masterpiece.