- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 5 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Iconic Italian supercar marque Lamborghini has revealed the open-top Aventador SVJ at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The production of the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster will be limited to just 800 units.
Like its coupe sibling, the Aventador SVJ Roadster is powered by Lamborghini's 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 engine that blasts out 759bhp at 8,500rpm and 720Nm of torque at 6,750rpm. The engine sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed single clutch automatic gearbox and all-wheel-drive.
Instead of opting for a folding roof design, Lamborghini has instead equipped the Aventador SVJ Roadster with a removable roof made from high-pressure RTM carbon fibre which weighs in at around 6 kilogrammes and can be loaded into the boot up front. Owners wanting to hear the howling V12 engine can also lower the rear window, without having to remove the roof.
Lamborghini claims that the Roadster's structural rigidity hasn't been compromised when compared to the coupe despite the removable roof. In order to this, Lamborghini had to strengthen the Aventador SVJ Roadster up, which in turn added 50 kilogrammes to the weight of the convertible when compared to the coupe.
However, despite the increased weight, the Aventador SVJ erupts off the line sprinting from 0–100km/h in just 2.9 seconds, which is a tenth of a second slower than the coupe. The Aventador SVJ Roadster will hit 200km/h from standstill in just 8.8 seconds (0.2 seconds slower than the coupe) and will continue accelerating till it tops out at 350km/h.
Braking duties on the Aventador SVJ Roadster are handled by carbon-ceramic brakes. The front brakes measure in at 400mm in diameter and feature six-piston callipers. The rear brakes measure in at 380mm and sport four-piston callipers. The lightweight alloy wheels measure in at 20-inches up front and 21-inches at the rear and are fitted with Pirelli P Zero Corsa 255/30 ZR20 and 355/25 ZR21 tyres respectively. To help the Aventador SVJ Roadster go through corners with even better precision, Lamborghini has given the drop-top car four-wheel-steering, just like its coupe twin.
Also, like the coupe, the Aventador SVJ Roadster gets the latest version of Lamborghini's patented Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA) active aerodynamics system. This system uses air dams and flaps on the intakes and the other elements to tweak the way the car behaves to either improve top speed or to help better the handling characteristics of the car.