- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 7 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 8 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports Putintseva claims first WTA title at Nuremberg Cup
- News CWC rejects Rahul Gandhi's offer to quit as Congress President
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Movies Allu Arjun’s Takes A Decision That Might Leave His Fans Disappointed? Deets Inside!
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Iconic Italian supercar marque Lamborghini has revealed the open-top Aventador SVJ at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The production of the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster will be limited to just 800 units.
Like its coupe sibling, the Aventador SVJ Roadster is powered by Lamborghini's 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 engine that blasts out 759bhp at 8,500rpm and 720Nm of torque at 6,750rpm. The engine sends power to all four wheels via a 7-speed single clutch automatic gearbox and all-wheel-drive.
Instead of opting for a folding roof design, Lamborghini has instead equipped the Aventador SVJ Roadster with a removable roof made from high-pressure RTM carbon fibre which weighs in at around 6 kilogrammes and can be loaded into the boot up front. Owners wanting to hear the howling V12 engine can also lower the rear window, without having to remove the roof.
Lamborghini claims that the Roadster's structural rigidity hasn't been compromised when compared to the coupe despite the removable roof. In order to this, Lamborghini had to strengthen the Aventador SVJ Roadster up, which in turn added 50 kilogrammes to the weight of the convertible when compared to the coupe.
However, despite the increased weight, the Aventador SVJ erupts off the line sprinting from 0–100km/h in just 2.9 seconds, which is a tenth of a second slower than the coupe. The Aventador SVJ Roadster will hit 200km/h from standstill in just 8.8 seconds (0.2 seconds slower than the coupe) and will continue accelerating till it tops out at 350km/h.
Braking duties on the Aventador SVJ Roadster are handled by carbon-ceramic brakes. The front brakes measure in at 400mm in diameter and feature six-piston callipers. The rear brakes measure in at 380mm and sport four-piston callipers. The lightweight alloy wheels measure in at 20-inches up front and 21-inches at the rear and are fitted with Pirelli P Zero Corsa 255/30 ZR20 and 355/25 ZR21 tyres respectively. To help the Aventador SVJ Roadster go through corners with even better precision, Lamborghini has given the drop-top car four-wheel-steering, just like its coupe twin.
Also, like the coupe, the Aventador SVJ Roadster gets the latest version of Lamborghini's patented Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA) active aerodynamics system. This system uses air dams and flaps on the intakes and the other elements to tweak the way the car behaves to either improve top speed or to help better the handling characteristics of the car.