- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports We never thought of winning 1983 World Cup when we left India: Krish Srikkanth
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Kia SP SUV has attracted a lot of attention since it was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. It could be retailed as the Kia Trailster in India and has been seen during tests very often. According to AutoCar India, sources have confirmed that the vehicle will be unveiled in India on 20 June 2019.
The Kia SP SUV is expected to be fairly similar to the Kia SP Signature concept that was showcased at the 2019 Seoul Motor Show. The Kia SP Signature that was unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo was basically a preview of the SP SUV that will be available in India later this year.
The Kia SP SUV will feature the bold Tiger-Nose grille, and sharp looking LED headlights that are connected by a light bar above the grille. The vehicle is expected to feature a contrast roof, slim LED fog lamps, pull-type door handles, a different looking D Pillar, roof rails, a chrome bar connecting the tail lights, a rear diffuser, and possibly a tweaked design for a faux exhaust garnish.
The interiors of the Kia SP SUV will be fully loaded and will get segment first features as well. The interiors are likely to feature a touchscreen infotainment system, a 360-degree camera, wireless charging and in-car Wi-Fi. In addition, it is likely to feature an HUD, an ambient lighting package, and a fully digital instrument cluster.
Engine spec for the Kia SP SUV are likely to include a 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel that will be BS-VI compliant at launch. Both engines will be made available in manual and automatic transmissions. Rumor has it that Kia is also working on a sportier variant that will feature a 1.4-litre turbo-charged petrol engine that produces 140bhp of power. This 1.4-litre engine is said to be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The Kia SP SUV is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom (India). When launched, it will compete with the Hyundai Creta, the Nissan Kicks, the Renault Captur, and the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About The Kia SP SUV
The Kia SP SUV will be the first product from the Korean carmaker in the Indian market. Kia, we're sure are expecting to replicate the same success as Hyundai has in India.