- 10 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 12 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 14 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 1 day ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- News No 'Bhaiyo aur Behno' or ‘Mitron' this time, Modi greets the Texan way
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race
- Sports Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: Joy of six for Klopp's men
- Lifestyle Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The Kia SP SUV has attracted a lot of attention since it was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. It could be retailed as the Kia Trailster in India and has been seen during tests very often. According to AutoCar India, sources have confirmed that the vehicle will be unveiled in India on 20 June 2019.
The Kia SP SUV is expected to be fairly similar to the Kia SP Signature concept that was showcased at the 2019 Seoul Motor Show. The Kia SP Signature that was unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo was basically a preview of the SP SUV that will be available in India later this year.
The Kia SP SUV will feature the bold Tiger-Nose grille, and sharp looking LED headlights that are connected by a light bar above the grille. The vehicle is expected to feature a contrast roof, slim LED fog lamps, pull-type door handles, a different looking D Pillar, roof rails, a chrome bar connecting the tail lights, a rear diffuser, and possibly a tweaked design for a faux exhaust garnish.
The interiors of the Kia SP SUV will be fully loaded and will get segment first features as well. The interiors are likely to feature a touchscreen infotainment system, a 360-degree camera, wireless charging and in-car Wi-Fi. In addition, it is likely to feature an HUD, an ambient lighting package, and a fully digital instrument cluster.
Engine spec for the Kia SP SUV are likely to include a 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel that will be BS-VI compliant at launch. Both engines will be made available in manual and automatic transmissions. Rumor has it that Kia is also working on a sportier variant that will feature a 1.4-litre turbo-charged petrol engine that produces 140bhp of power. This 1.4-litre engine is said to be mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The Kia SP SUV is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 16 lakh, ex-showroom (India). When launched, it will compete with the Hyundai Creta, the Nissan Kicks, the Renault Captur, and the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About The Kia SP SUV
The Kia SP SUV will be the first product from the Korean carmaker in the Indian market. Kia, we're sure are expecting to replicate the same success as Hyundai has in India.