- 16 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 17 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Movies iSmart Shankar Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download; Will Collections Be Affected?
- News India can’t be refugee capital of India, Centre tells SC on NRC matter
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Technology Google To Boost Pixel 4 Smartphone Series With 6GB Of RAM
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Kia Motors is preparing for the launch of its first product in the Indian market, the SP Concept. The Kia SP Concept was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The production-version of the SUV is expected to go on sale in India, sometime in August 2019, as suggested by reports from Autocar India.
With the launch of the production-spec of the SP Concept, Kia hopes to make their presence felt immediately. In order to do this, the Korean company will be offering the SUV with a host of features and upmarket equipment. Kia Motors hope that the feature-packed SUV along with the highly competitive pricing will allow them to make a mark, in an otherwise crowded segment.
Apart from the standard features, such as touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, airbags rear parking camera/sensors and ABS. Kia Motors will also provide some first-in-class and best-in-class features. These include voice recognition and telematics system for the infotainment unit, onboard Wifi, wireless charging, ambient lighting package, heads-up display, fully-digital instrument cluster and a 360-degree camera among others.
The production version of the SP Concept has been spotted a few times and bears a good resemblance to the Concept showcased at the Auto Expo. In terms of engine options, the production-spec Kia SUV will come with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units.
The Kia SP Concept is also expected to be based on the Hyundai Creta. Kia might also borrow a few body panels from the Creta SUV, considering Kia is part of Hyundai Motors. Kia Motors is currently working on completing its production facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The new facility will have a production capacity of 300,000 units per year. We recently got a chance to visit the facility — click here to know about all the details of the upcoming Kia Motors India plant.
Thoughts On The Production Version Kia SP Concept Being Feature-Loaded
Kia is working hard to make an impact in a segment, which is already crowded with numerous offerings from almost every car manufacturer. Kia will assemble the SUV in its facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. Kia Motors also has announced a product launch every six months, starting from the SP Concept. In terms of pricing, Kia is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 10 - 16 lakh, ex-showroom.