- 2 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 6 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports Indian Elite Athletes Avinash Sable, Parul Chaudhary vie for top honours at ADHM 2020
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Remembers The Day She Was Conferred The Padma Shri: Says It Gave Her Family Pride
- News 10 States have almost 77 per cent of active coronavirus caseload in country: Centre to SC
- Technology Huami Amazfit GTS 2 mini Launch Tipped For December 1
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Kia Motors launched the Seltos SUV in the Indian market on the 22nd August. The Kia Seltos is positioned in the highly-competitive mid-size SUV segment and is offered with a starting price of Rs 9.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now the company has announced that the Kia Seltos has registered 6,236 units in the month of August 2019. This makes it the best-selling mid-size SUV in the country, overtaking the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the MG Hector.
|Rank||Model||August 2019||August 2018||Growth (%)|
The MG Hector registered 2,018 units of sales in the previous month. The Hyundai Creta, on the other hand came close to the Kia Seltos registering 6,001 units during the same period.
The impressive sales of the Seltos also allowed Kia Motors to enter the top-10 best-selling brand list in the Indian market. Kia Motors was positioned in seventh spot on the list, overtaking the likes of Renault, Ford and Volkswagen.
Positioned in second place, the Hyundai Creta registered a year-on-year sales decline of 42 per cent in August 2019. The SUV which registered 6,001 units in August 2019 had fared better during the same month last year with 10,394 units.
The MG Hector is positioned in fourth place on the list of best-selling mid-size SUVs. MG Motors has currently stopped accepting bookings for the Hector in India. They are currently working on progressively increasing their monthly production capacity.
This clearly showcases the high-level of competition in the mid-size SUV segment. The Kia Seltos has become an extremely popular SUV in India in a very short time. The model comes loaded with features, including a host of segment-firsts, world-first and best-in-class equipment.
It also comes with a choice of three engine options, all of which are BS-VI compliant from the start. The three engines include two petrol and one diesel, offered with four gearbox choices. This includes a six-speed manual, CVT, IVT and a seven-speed DCT automatic - here is everything you need to know.
The Kia Seltos is high on performance and offers excellent driving and handling characteristics. We recently got a chance to drive the Seltos and were thoroughly impressed with the SUV - here is our detailed review.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Sales In India
The Kia Seltos is the Korean brand's first product in the Indian market. The Seltos generated quite a buzz ever since its world premiere in India in June 2019. The SUV has managed to