- 50 min ago Benelli Leoncino 250 India Launch Expected Soon: Specs, Details & Price
- 1 hr ago All-New Hyundai 'AX' Micro-SUV Confirmed For Global Markets: Will It Be Introduced In India?
- 2 hrs ago Self-Balancing Electric Scooter In India: Liger Mobility Electric Scooter’s Video & Details
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 Petrol & Diesel AWD Automatic Variants Discontinued: Here’s Why
- News Diplomatic win: How India ensured that Pakistan failed to move Kashmir resolution at UNHRC
- Movies Kaappaan Full Movie Leaked Online By Tamilrockers On Day 1!
- Lifestyle The Viral Video Of Men Dressed As Women Hints At Growing Popularity Of Androgynous Fashion
- Sports England Central Contract: Jofra Archer handed Test, limited over deal for the first time
- Finance Sensex Closes With Record One-Day Gain Of 1900 Pts, Nifty Hits 11,270 On FM's Tax Booster
- Technology Google To Soon Launch Feature Phone With Assistant Support
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Kia Motors India has just set a new record for sales in the mid-size SUV segment with the newly launched Kia Seltos. The Kia Seltos was launched in India on 22 August, 2019 and the Korean car manufacturer sold 6,200 units of the car in India within the same month. Selling 6,200 cars within 8-9 days is a magnificent feat and shows the potential Kia Motors has in India.
Kia Motors is one of the best-selling car manufacturers in global markets. Kia's cars are appreciated and loved in international markets, and it was only a matter of time before Kia made its Indian debut.
At The 2018 Indian Auto Expo, Kia Motors displayed its entire product line-up and revealed the SP Concept. Over the next 18 months, Kia developed the SUV and we finally have the SUV on sale in India.
The Kia Seltos is a very impressive SUV and was bound to take the Indian market by storm. The mid-size SUV won us over when we drove it, and you can take a look at our detailed review of the Kia Seltos.
Even before the Kia Seltos was launched in India, buyers were queueing up at Kia's dealerships to book the vehicle. In-fact, when online bookings were opened, Kia's website started facing some issues due to the large number of people booking the car and making payments for the booking token amount.
At The SUVs launch on 22 August, Kia officials had said that the company had received over 32,000 bookings for the Seltos. They were even anticipating an increase in the number of bookings after the launch.
Now that August has ended and sales figures are out, we can get a clearer idea of the demand for the SUV. According to reports, Kia Motors India sold more than 6,200 units in the month of August, which is higher than all its competitors.
The Kia Seltos competes with the likes of the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur, Nissan Kicks, etc. This segment was dominated by the Hyundai Creta, but now, with these sales figures, the Kia Seltos has emerged the leader in this segment.
It features the signature tiger nose grille up front, sweptback headlamps, stylish bumpers, diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, etc. It measures, 4,315mm in length, 1,800mm in width and 1,620mm in height. Despite the compact size, it has a wheelbase of 2,600mm, allowing for a spacious cabin.
Top-spec variants of the SUV come with first-in-segment features like a heads-up display, Bose music system, etc. The Kia Seltos is available with three engine options and four transmission options.
One can choose between a naturally aspirated 1.5-litre petrol engine, a turbocharged 1.5-litre diesel engine and a turbocharged 1.4-litre petrol engine. The 1.5-litre petrol engine has a maximum power output of 113.4bhp and a peak torque output of 144Nm and is available with a 6-speed manual or a CVT gearbox.
The 1.5-litre diesel too has a maximum power output of 113.4bhp but a torque output of 250Nm. It comes paired to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The top-spec GTline turbo petrol engine puts out 138bhp and 242Nm and is mated to a 7-speed DCT or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On Kia Seltos Sales Figures Touching Over 6,200 Units In August 2019
The Kia Seltos is quite simply the new benchmark in its segment, in terms of design, performance, and equipment offered. It is no surprise therefore that ir is selling so well. Kia Motors India has a large plant at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh where the Seltos is produced.
The plant has a capacity of manufacturing three lakh units per annum, so there won't be any long waiting periods across the country. All future Kia models will be produced at the same factory. In-fact Kia is looking to export cars produced in India.