- 2 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Vakeel Saab: Makers Plan To Finish Pawan Kalyan’s Scenes In 30 Days?
- Lifestyle On 2 Years Of Sui Dhaaga, Anushka Sharma’s De-Glam Looks In Printed Sarees That Stole Our Heart
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2020: Discounts Offers On Gadgets And Other Products
- News NIA court sentences to life ISIS terrorist in Omar Al-Hindi case
- Finance ITC Trades Higher Even As Maharashtra Bans Sale Of Loose Cigarettes, Beedis
- Sports Ashok Dinda to play for Goa in upcoming domestic season
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Kia Motors India has just set a new record for sales in the mid-size SUV segment with the newly launched Kia Seltos. The Kia Seltos was launched in India on 22 August, 2019 and the Korean car manufacturer sold 6,200 units of the car in India within the same month. Selling 6,200 cars within 8-9 days is a magnificent feat and shows the potential Kia Motors has in India.
Kia Motors is one of the best-selling car manufacturers in global markets. Kia's cars are appreciated and loved in international markets, and it was only a matter of time before Kia made its Indian debut.
At The 2018 Indian Auto Expo, Kia Motors displayed its entire product line-up and revealed the SP Concept. Over the next 18 months, Kia developed the SUV and we finally have the SUV on sale in India.
The Kia Seltos is a very impressive SUV and was bound to take the Indian market by storm. The mid-size SUV won us over when we drove it, and you can take a look at our detailed review of the Kia Seltos.
Even before the Kia Seltos was launched in India, buyers were queueing up at Kia's dealerships to book the vehicle. In-fact, when online bookings were opened, Kia's website started facing some issues due to the large number of people booking the car and making payments for the booking token amount.
At The SUVs launch on 22 August, Kia officials had said that the company had received over 32,000 bookings for the Seltos. They were even anticipating an increase in the number of bookings after the launch.
Now that August has ended and sales figures are out, we can get a clearer idea of the demand for the SUV. According to reports, Kia Motors India sold more than 6,200 units in the month of August, which is higher than all its competitors.
The Kia Seltos competes with the likes of the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta, Renault Captur, Nissan Kicks, etc. This segment was dominated by the Hyundai Creta, but now, with these sales figures, the Kia Seltos has emerged the leader in this segment.
It features the signature tiger nose grille up front, sweptback headlamps, stylish bumpers, diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, etc. It measures, 4,315mm in length, 1,800mm in width and 1,620mm in height. Despite the compact size, it has a wheelbase of 2,600mm, allowing for a spacious cabin.
Top-spec variants of the SUV come with first-in-segment features like a heads-up display, Bose music system, etc. The Kia Seltos is available with three engine options and four transmission options.
One can choose between a naturally aspirated 1.5-litre petrol engine, a turbocharged 1.5-litre diesel engine and a turbocharged 1.4-litre petrol engine. The 1.5-litre petrol engine has a maximum power output of 113.4bhp and a peak torque output of 144Nm and is available with a 6-speed manual or a CVT gearbox.
The 1.5-litre diesel too has a maximum power output of 113.4bhp but a torque output of 250Nm. It comes paired to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The top-spec GTline turbo petrol engine puts out 138bhp and 242Nm and is mated to a 7-speed DCT or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On Kia Seltos Sales Figures Touching Over 6,200 Units In August 2019
The Kia Seltos is quite simply the new benchmark in its segment, in terms of design, performance, and equipment offered. It is no surprise therefore that ir is selling so well. Kia Motors India has a large plant at Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh where the Seltos is produced.
The plant has a capacity of manufacturing three lakh units per annum, so there won't be any long waiting periods across the country. All future Kia models will be produced at the same factory. In-fact Kia is looking to export cars produced in India.