- 3 hrs ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 3 hrs ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 5 hrs ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 5 hrs ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports PKL 2019: Bengal Warriors, Dabang Delhi play out entertaining draw
- News Watch: Modi visits historic Simtoka Dzong in Bhutan, offers prayers
- Movies Ananya Pandey Got 500 Rupees From ‘Pati Patni Aur Woh’ Director For Giving A Good Shot!
- Technology Browser Extensions For Online Security
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Lifestyle Alia Bhatt Keeps It Chic And Sassy For The Prada Song Launch
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motors is all set to launch the Seltos SUV in the Indian market on the 22nd of August. Ahead of its launch, Kia Motors has started series production of the Seltos. The first SUV rolled out of the assembly line at the company's manufacturing facility in Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh today.
Kia announced the commencement of mass production of the Seltos in India after having gone through 20 lakh kilometres of extensive testing in the country, under various climatic conditions and challenging terrains.
The roll-out of the first production version Kia Seltos took place in the presence of the Shin Bong-kil, Honourable Ambassador of the Republic of South Korea to India and Kookhyum Shim, MD & CEO Kia Motors India; among other dignitaries of the Andhra Pradesh state government.
On the occasion, Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO of Kia Motors India stated:
"The roll-out of the first Seltos is an emotional moment for all of us, especially for the people at the plant as we worked together, relentlessly to build the future of Kia Motors in India. The invaluable contribution made by the government of Andhra Pradesh has enabled us to achieve our target of manufacturing the Seltos in record time. The first Seltos is the symbol of our promise and commitment of Kia to the Indian market."
Kia Motors first showcased the concept version of the Seltos in the form of the SP2i at the 2018 Auto Expo in Delhi. The Kia Seltos will be the first product from the company and will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country.
The Kia Seltos will be available in a range of two trims: Tech-Line and GT-line. Each of these variants will further be offered with a range of three engine choices; all of which are BS-VI compliant.
These engine choices include a 115bhp 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units and a 140bhp 1.4-litre GDi turbo-petrol unit. All three engine will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Kia will also be offering a choice of three automatic transmissions on the Seltos: CVT, IVT and a seven-speed DCT, depending on the variant.
The Seltos will also be available with a host of features, including Kia's own UVO Connectivity technology. This technology allows for a host of added functionalities connected to the smartphone, such as vehicle tracking geofencing, remote climate control, remote ignition and live vehicle diagnostics; among others.
Other features on the Kia Seltos: ventilated seats, 8.0-inch heads-up display, 7-inch digital instrument cluster, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, multiple airbags, disc brakes on all fours, ABS with EBD and a host of other standard features.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Production
The Kia Seltos production has finally begun. The SUV is one of the most awaited products in the Indian market and is expected to be priced highly competitively as well. Once launched in India on the 22nd of August, the Kia Seltos will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, MG Hector, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.