- 8 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 11 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 11 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Kia Motors is all set to launch the Seltos SUV in the Indian market on the 22nd of August. Ahead of its launch, Kia Motors has started series production of the Seltos. The first SUV rolled out of the assembly line at the company's manufacturing facility in Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh today.
Kia announced the commencement of mass production of the Seltos in India after having gone through 20 lakh kilometres of extensive testing in the country, under various climatic conditions and challenging terrains.
The roll-out of the first production version Kia Seltos took place in the presence of the Shin Bong-kil, Honourable Ambassador of the Republic of South Korea to India and Kookhyum Shim, MD & CEO Kia Motors India; among other dignitaries of the Andhra Pradesh state government.
On the occasion, Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO of Kia Motors India stated:
"The roll-out of the first Seltos is an emotional moment for all of us, especially for the people at the plant as we worked together, relentlessly to build the future of Kia Motors in India. The invaluable contribution made by the government of Andhra Pradesh has enabled us to achieve our target of manufacturing the Seltos in record time. The first Seltos is the symbol of our promise and commitment of Kia to the Indian market."
Kia Motors first showcased the concept version of the Seltos in the form of the SP2i at the 2018 Auto Expo in Delhi. The Kia Seltos will be the first product from the company and will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country.
The Kia Seltos will be available in a range of two trims: Tech-Line and GT-line. Each of these variants will further be offered with a range of three engine choices; all of which are BS-VI compliant.
These engine choices include a 115bhp 1.5-litre petrol and diesel units and a 140bhp 1.4-litre GDi turbo-petrol unit. All three engine will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. Kia will also be offering a choice of three automatic transmissions on the Seltos: CVT, IVT and a seven-speed DCT, depending on the variant.
The Seltos will also be available with a host of features, including Kia's own UVO Connectivity technology. This technology allows for a host of added functionalities connected to the smartphone, such as vehicle tracking geofencing, remote climate control, remote ignition and live vehicle diagnostics; among others.
Other features on the Kia Seltos: ventilated seats, 8.0-inch heads-up display, 7-inch digital instrument cluster, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, multiple airbags, disc brakes on all fours, ABS with EBD and a host of other standard features.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Production
The Kia Seltos production has finally begun. The SUV is one of the most awaited products in the Indian market and is expected to be priced highly competitively as well. Once launched in India on the 22nd of August, the Kia Seltos will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, MG Hector, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.