- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Mumbai on verge of lead as Baroda trail by 130 runs
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reportedly Walks Out Of Awards Show After Organizers Break Promise On Award
- News Concerned over restrictions on fundamental freedom in Kashmir: EU
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Finance Bank Of Baroda Lowers Lending Rate By 20bps
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Kia Motors India launched the Seltos SUV in India back in August. The Kia Seltos SUV came with an introductory price starting at Rs 9.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Starting from January 2020, the prices for the Kia Seltos is said to increase.
Our sources have confirmed to us that the Kia Seltos will receive a price hike, which will be applicable from the 1st of January 2020. Increase in prices will vary depending on the variant of the SUV.
All customers who will be receiving their Seltos SUV on or after 1st January 2020 will have to pay the additional amount. However, customers expecting deliveries of their Seltos on or before 31st of December 2019 will not be affected by the price hike.
Our sources also confirmed that the reason for the Kia Seltos price hike was the end of the introductory period of the SUV in the Indian market. The brand was expected to hike the prices earlier, however, had to delay the price increment due to its high demand in the Indian market.
Dealers have also been instructed to promote sales of variants which have a low waiting period. This is being done, in order to increase the number of deliveries for waiting customers of the Seltos.
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the Korean carmaker in the Indian market. The car since its launch in August has become the best-selling product in the SUV segment. The Kia Seltos even entered the top-selling car list in the previous month, registering over 12,000 unit of sales.
The Kia Seltos is offered with a choice of three engine options: 1.5-litre NA petrol producing 115bhp; 1.0-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp and a 115bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine. All three engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual. The Seltos also offers three automatic transmission options: CVT, IVT and the DCT (exclusive for the 1.4-litre petrol engine).
The Seltos is also loaded with a host of features and technology. This along with its excellent performance figures and driveability has made it the most attractive car in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Price Hike In India From January 2020
The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling SUV in the Indian market, overtaking the likes of even the Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza which are placed a segment below. The Kia Seltos rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500.