- 7 min ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 3 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar clarifies on Virat Kohli and Anushkha Sharma comments
- Lifestyle Daughter’s Day 2020: Quotes, Messages And Wishes To Share On This Day
- News ‘Where am I being sexist’: Sunil Gavaskar clarifies his comment on Anushka Sharma
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
- Finance 3 Initial Steps In Preparation To File Your Income Tax Returns
- Movies Erica Fernandes And Harshad Chopda To Feature In A Music Video?
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Offering 1GB Data For Seven Days To Its Existing Users
- Education National Medical Commission NMC Constituted As New Regulator For Medical Education In India
Kia Motors India launched the Seltos SUV in India back in August. The Kia Seltos SUV came with an introductory price starting at Rs 9.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Starting from January 2020, the prices for the Kia Seltos is said to increase.
Our sources have confirmed to us that the Kia Seltos will receive a price hike, which will be applicable from the 1st of January 2020. Increase in prices will vary depending on the variant of the SUV.
All customers who will be receiving their Seltos SUV on or after 1st January 2020 will have to pay the additional amount. However, customers expecting deliveries of their Seltos on or before 31st of December 2019 will not be affected by the price hike.
Our sources also confirmed that the reason for the Kia Seltos price hike was the end of the introductory period of the SUV in the Indian market. The brand was expected to hike the prices earlier, however, had to delay the price increment due to its high demand in the Indian market.
Dealers have also been instructed to promote sales of variants which have a low waiting period. This is being done, in order to increase the number of deliveries for waiting customers of the Seltos.
The Kia Seltos is the first product from the Korean carmaker in the Indian market. The car since its launch in August has become the best-selling product in the SUV segment. The Kia Seltos even entered the top-selling car list in the previous month, registering over 12,000 unit of sales.
The Kia Seltos is offered with a choice of three engine options: 1.5-litre NA petrol producing 115bhp; 1.0-litre turbo-petrol churning out 140bhp and a 115bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine. All three engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual. The Seltos also offers three automatic transmission options: CVT, IVT and the DCT (exclusive for the 1.4-litre petrol engine).
The Seltos is also loaded with a host of features and technology. This along with its excellent performance figures and driveability has made it the most attractive car in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos Price Hike In India From January 2020
The Kia Seltos is currently the best-selling SUV in the Indian market, overtaking the likes of even the Hyundai Venue and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza which are placed a segment below. The Kia Seltos rivals the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500.