- 1 hr ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 1 hr ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News RSS slams critics for 'politicising' Bhagwat's remark clarifies outfit's stand
- Sports PKL 2019: Haryana Steelers notch up a fighting victory over U Mumba
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Season 11 Premiere: Live Updates
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Kia Seltos might soon get a diesel engine in the top-spec GT Line trim. According to reports, the new diesel-powered GT Line model will be made available at a later stage. When launched the new variant will give buyers access to features that were till now available just with the petrol-powered GT Line trim.
The Kia Seltos is creating waves in the Indian market. It features an extremely attractive design, is made with high quality materials, and has set a new standard in the mid-size SUV segment in India.
What makes the Kia Seltos stand apart from the competition is the fact that Kia is offering it with several engine and transmission combinations. Adding to this is the fact that there are several variants to choose from, allowing the buyer to have complete freedom over the features in the car and the price as well.
There are two variants of the Kia Seltos — Tech Line & GT Line. These are further divided into several sub-variants. The sub-variants under Tech Line are HTE, HTK, HTK+, HTX and HTX+ while the GT Line has GTK, HTX and GTX+ as sub-variants.
All sub-variants of the Tech Line can be availed with a turbo-diesel engine or a naturally aspirated petrol engine. The petrol engine in question is a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder unit with a maximum power output of 115bhp and 144Nm.
It can be paired either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic gearbox. The turbo-diesel is also a 1.5-litre unit with a maximum power output of 115bhp and 250Nm. This engine can be mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-step torque converter.
All GT Line variants though, are powered by a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine with a maximum power output of 140bhp and a peak torque output of 242Nm. It is available with a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
These are variants that the Kia Seltos will be available with at launch. There are also several other feature differences between the Tech Line and GT Line. Adding to the already lengthy list of features in the Tech Line variants the GT Line further gets side and curtain airbags, a 360-degree camera, blindspot view monitoring system, head-up display, cruise control, etc.
If one wants all these features but with diesel power, there are no options to avail the same. Hence, Kia has decided to launch the new variant of the Seltos. The new diesel-powered GT Line will not be made available at the time of launch but will debut at a later stage.
According to reports, the same 1.5-litre diesel engine will be made available in the top-spec GTX+ variant. It is not just the feature additions that sets the GT Line apart from the Tsch Line, but it also comes with several aesthetic changes.
The GTX+ features a GT Line badge on the front grille, red accents on the faux skid plates, side sills and brake calipers too. It also features improvements inside the car like red-coloured contrast stitching on the steering wheel, seats as well as the gear knob along with GT Line badging on the seats.
Thoughts On Kia Seltos GT Line With Diesel Engine To Be Launched Soon
The Kia Seltos is set to be launched in India on 22 August, 2019 and is expected to be priced between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 17 lakh. It has already racked up thousands of bookings and production at the Kia factory is on in full swing.
The addition of a diesel variant will only improve sales figures. The diesel-powered GTX+ variant is expected to be priced at around Rs 16.5 lakh.