- 9 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Parineeti Chopra & Others Pledge To Raise The Profiles Of Women Cricketers For Women’s T20 World Cup
- News TMC to oppose CAB that is likely to be tabled in Parliament next week
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Lifestyle British Fashion Awards 2019: Rita Ora Dazzles In A Flaming Eye Make-up
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Kia Motors is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market, with the Seltos SUV. The Kia Seltos is available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line and is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market on the 22nd of August 2019.
Ahead of its launch, Kia Motors have announced the start of bookings for the diesel version of the GT-Line variant in the Indian market. Until recently, the Kia Seltos GT-line variant was available exclusively with the 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine. However, the Kia has now added a diesel version of the Seltos GT-line to the mix as well.
The diesel engine on the Kia Seltos GT-line will be the same 1.5-litre unit available on the lower-spec ‘Tech-Line'. This 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 115bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It comes mated to either the standard six-speed manual or the torque-converter automatic gearbox.
The Tech-Line will continue to offer both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine units, without any change. The 1.5-litre petrol on the Seltos Tech-Line produces 115bhp and 144Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual or an optional CVT automatic transmission.
The GT-Line is the top-spec trim in the Kia Seltos lineup. It receives all the bells and whistles. This includes ventilated seats, 8.0-inch heads-up display, wireless charging, smart air purifier, BOSE surround sound speakers and a host of additional features over the ‘Tech-Line'.
The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine on the Seltos GT-line produces the highest power output with 140bhp and 242Nm of torque. The engine is also available with the same six-speed manual while also receiving a seven-speed DCT automatic as the optional gearbox.
Apart from the interiors features, the Seltos GT-line can be differentiated from the Tech-line through the sporty red strips present on the front bumper, side skirts and the rear bumper. The wheel caps are also finished in red, along with the brake callipers also being in the same red colour.
We recently drove the Kia Seltos ahead of its launch in the Indian market and were thoroughly impressed with the mid-size SUV — here is out detailed review of the Kia Seltos.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos GT-Line Diesel Variant
The Kia Seltos GT-Line is the more sportier and feature-packed variant among the two available on the SUV. Prices for the Kia Seltos diesel GT-line will be similar to its turbo-petrol counterpart. Kia will reveal the official prices of the Seltos at the time of launch. Once introduced in the market, the Seltos will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.