- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Jharkhand poll 2019 LIVE: 20 constituencies vote in second phase today
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Kia has launched the much-awaited Seltos SUV in the Indian market. The Kia Seltos has already received over 32,000 unit of bookings in the Indian market, with deliveries having begun since its launch.
The Seltos SUV is available in two main trims: Tech-Line and GT-Line which is further divided into a total of 16 variants; depending on the engine spec and transmission options - here is a break-up of the variant list and the variant-wise features of the Kia Seltos.
All the variants, however, come loaded with features, including a number of segment-firsts, best-in-class and even world-first equipments. Here are the top-five features available on the Kia Seltos SUV:
UVO Connected App
The UVO Connect feature on the Kia Seltos is the brand's proprietary ‘connected car' technology. The ‘UVO' according to Kia stands for ‘Your Voice'.
Apart from the standard infotainment features on offer, the UVO app provides an additional 37 functionalities as well. This includes features such as live vehicle status, geofencing, live vehicle location, voice commands, remote access to the air-conditioner, auto vehicle diagnostics, vehicle health alerts, 24x7 emergency assistance and a bunch of others.
The UVO Connect technology also comes with a host of driver focussed functionalities as well. This again includes live traffic data, driving behaviour, trip information, in-built navigation, voice command assist and a bunch of others as well.
The Seltos is a feature-rich SUV and have a lot to talk about in the segment first features. The Kia Seltos comes equipped with an 8-inch (HUD) Head-Up Display to keep the drivers' vision focused. It also has a 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system with Navigation. The blind-spot monitoring system on the Kia Seltos will make sure you have a clear vision while changing lanes.
The Kia Seltos also offers a world's first ‘Smart Pure Air Purifier', which helps in keeping the air inside the cabin fresh while also offering a range of fragrances as well. The top-spec variant of the Seltos also come with Ventilated front seats, offering additional comfort for the driver and front passenger. It also offers rear sunshade for the rear passenger windows, providing comfort for the passengers in the second-row as well.
With UVO connect you can make the car dance to your tunes. Speaking of which, the Seltos come with BOSE surround sound system with 8-speakers. The SUV also comes with LED sound and mood lights, along with ambient lighting as well. To top it off, it will come with wireless charging for your smartphone.
Safety On Offer
Kia Seltos are equipped with (ABS) Anti-lock Brake System, (EBD) Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Dual Airbags on the front and Disc brakes on four wheels as standard across variants. It is also equipped with the blind spot monitoring, a reverse parking sensor, a 360-degree camera which make the Seltos safer.
It also has (ESC) Electronic Stability Control, (VSM) Vehicle Stability Management, Hill-Hold Assist, High Structural Safety (AHSS and HSS) ISOFIX child seat anchors. And talking about safety there is a 24-hour call center who are ready to assist you in case of emergency. Now the benchmark for safety has been rewritten in the segment with the Kia Seltos.
Engine & Transmission Options
The Kia Seltos will be available in a range of three engine options:
- 1.5-litre petrol engine, 115bhp, 144Nm torque
- 1.5-litre diesel engine, 115bhp, 250Nm torque
- 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol engine, 140bhp, 242Nm torque
The 1.4-litre T-GDI engine is only offered on the GT line trim. All three engines are compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms of April 2020.
All engine options on the Kia Seltos comes with impressive levels of performance - here is the top speed, acceleration, mileage and all other details of the newly-launched Kia Seltos.
The Seltos comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission across the line-up. Kia also offers the SUV with three automatic transmission which is a segment-first.
- The 1.5-litre diesel engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission (AT)
- The 1.5-litre petrol engine is mated to a six-speed IVT
- The 1.4-litre T-GDI petrol engine is mated to a seven-speed DCT
We recently had the opportunity to drive the striking Kia Seltos. We were quite amazed with SUVs performance - here is our detailed review of the Kia Seltos.
Pricing for this feature-loaded SUV starts at Rs 9.69 lakh while the top-spec variant is priced at Rs 15.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (India). The company has managed to undercut most of its rivals in the mid-size SUV segment with an aggressive pricing.
Positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment, the Kia Seltos will take on the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500, MG Hector, Jeep Compass and the Nissan Kicks.
In addition to this the Kia Seltos is offered in a range of colours.The single-tone colour will include Red, Orange, Glacier White, Clear White, Grey, Silver, Blue and Black. Similarly, the dual-tone options on the SUV include Red/Black, Glacier White/Black, Silver/Black and Glacier White/Orange.
Thoughts On The Kia Seltos India Launch
That's right! I am as mesmerized as you are looking at the Seltos. A new benchmark has been set for the mid-size SUV segment. Kia has clearly made its presence felt in India with the launch of the Seltos. With 16 different variants on offer, how would one choose would be the question.