- 48 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 53 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Sports India vs Australia: Aaron Finch satisfied with make up of his team ahead of ODI series opener
- Technology Constitution Day Quiz 2020: Everything You Need To Know
- News International flights to remain suspended till December 31, only selected flights allowed: DGCA
- Movies Meghan Markle Reveals She Suffered A Miscarriage In July
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Korean auto manufacturer Kia Motors, has begun its export operation in India at the Chennai port. The company will be shipping out made-in-india Seltos SUV to other parts of the globe.
The first shipment of 471 Seltos SUV units has been shipped from the country in September and is headed to the Middle East and South Asian countries. It is also expected to be shipped to the South American market as well.
Chennai Port Trust and Kia Motors India had signed a Memorandum of Agreement on September 5th, for the export of cars through Chennai Port. The logistics for Kia's export operation in India will be handled by Glovis India Anantapur Pvt Ltd.
The agreement between Chennai port and Kia Motors India is valid till 2029, and was signed by Mukesh Balani, traffic manager, Chennai Port Trust, and Jong Soo Kim, chief operating officer, Kia Motors, in the presence of P Raveendran, chairman, Chennai Port Trust; Cyril C George, deputy chairman, Chennai Port Trust; M M Parthiban, Principal Commissioner of Customs, and Jim Young Kim, managing director, Glovis.
Chennai Port is offering Kia Motors India tailor-made facilities and concessional benefits for the company's export operations. Kia Motors will use the Chennai Port exclusively for this purpose. The company will export around 30 percent of the production capacity from its Anantapur facility to the international markets.
P Raveendran, Chennai Port Trust Chairman, said, Hyundai Motor India has been shipping its cars from the port since 2005 and they have renewed the agreement till 2028. He also mentioned that the Port has shipped 79,530 cars in August, as compared to 52,948 cars shipped in the last financial year. The export number will only increase with the addition of volumes from Kia Motors India, he added.
The Kia Seltos SUV made its global debut in India back in July, 2019. Ever since the SUV has received an overwhelming response, with regestering 50,000 bookings in India — here are all the details.
The Seltos SUV is offered in a range of three BS-VI compliant engine options: a 1.5-litre petrol, a 1.5-litre diesel, and a 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine. Both the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines produce 115bhp of power and 250Nm & 350Nm of torque respectively. The 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine produces 138bhp of power and 242Nm of torque.
The transmission options on the SUV include a standard six-speed manual transmission offered on all engines. The Seltos SUV is also offered with a choice of three automatic transmissions - CVT for the 1.5-litre petrol, IVT for the 1.5-litre diesel, and a seven-speed DCT for the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine. The Kia Seltos is currently priced between Rs 9.69 lakh and Rs 16.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India) — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Kia Seltos Export Operations
Kia has achieved yet another milestone by exporting the fabulous Seltos SUV made in India to the international markets. This is certainly a proud moment for every Indian and the company's Anantapur plant in Andhra Pradesh. Kia has also announced to increase the manufacturing capacity to meet the current bookings received in India and reduce the waiting time.