- 11 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 15 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Korean auto manufacturers, Kia Motors, has reportedly started working on an all-electric variant of the Seltos SUV. According to TheKeea, the Seltos Electric Vehicle has been codenamed SP2 EV, and is in the process of being tested globally.
Kia's Seltos all-electric vehicle will share its underpinnings, body panels, and interiors with the current-generation, internal combustion engine Seltos but will feature minor styling changes to distinguish it from the standard offering, just like Kia did with the Niro and Soul models.
*Images are for representational purposes only.
The Kia Seltos EV is expected to feature a 204bhp electric motor and a 64kWh Lithium-ion battery pack - just like the ones on the Kia Soul SUV and the Hyundai Kona EV.
The Seltos EV is expected to have an estimated range of roughly 400 kilometers. Its range is lesser as compared to the Hyundai Kona thanks to the larger dimensions, and more weight of the SUV.
The Kia Seltos EV is expected to follow the same launch pattern as the Seltos. The vehicle was initially launched in South Korea before being launched in international markets.
In related news, Kia Motors India is busy trying to meet delivery deadlines, and is running two shifts at the manufacturing plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The Seltos is currently produced at two of Kia's production facilities, Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh, India, and in Gwangju, South Korea.
Kia Motors India has also begun initial marketing activities for its second offering for the Indian market - the Carnival MPV. The all-new Carnival will arrive in India as a CKD unit. The MPV will be available at 10 cities in India to begin with.
Kia Motors India is also readying a sub four-meter compact SUV, which is expected to hit the showrooms around mid-2020.
Thoughts About The Seltos EV
We're not surprised that Kia is working towards an all-electric variant of the Seltos SUV. What will be interesting to see is what Kia offers in terms of connectivity features. The Seltos is a fully loaded SUV that offers a lot of bang for the buck. And we're not entirely sure that the Seltos EV will come with all the frills that the fossil-fuel model feature.