- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Why give death penalty when Delhi air is reducing life? Nirbhaya convict moves SC
- Sports Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test: Having Mickey with us is big advantage, says Karunaratne
- Movies Kriti Sanon On Playing A Surrogate Mother In Mimi: ‘It Is A Very Entertaining, Beautiful Script’
- Lifestyle Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Technology Airtel Launches VoWiFi Service In Delhi-NCR: List Of Compatible Smartphones
- Finance Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO: How To Check Allotment Status?
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
South Korea based auto manufacturer, Kia Motors, is planning to expand its dealer network to over 300 touch-points across the country. The company started with 260 touch points and plans to achieve the numbers by March 2020.
A spokesperson for the company said that Kia Motors India wanted to increase its presence in areas where the company finds itself disenfranchised.
Kia entered the Indian market with just one product, and has managed to take the fifth place in terms of sales in the domestic passenger vehicle segment. In a bid to climb up to the top of the ladder, the company aims to add new sales outlets in smaller cities and towns so it can be closer to potential customers.
The addition of 50 touch-points will also help Kia maximize its presence when it launches the second product it plans for the Indian market, the Carnival, during February 2020.
Mr Manohar Bhat, the Head of Market and Sales at Kia Motors India said, "We started with 260 odd touch-points and now, we intend to increase the count by another 50."
"There are certain areas like northeast, northern part of Telangana, Karnataka, western Rajasthan, etc., where we are not very well represented. So, we are looking to plug such gaps," he added.
Kia plans to launch the all new Carnival MPV during the Auto Expo 2020, and a third product later through the year. The company's plan is launch one car every six-months, and the extended sales network will help.
In related news, Kia's order book for the Seltos currently stands at over 62,000 units. The company has already delivered 33,000 units of the model. Higher demand has resulted in a waiting period of up to three months for some of the top-end trims.
In order to counter the waiting period, the company has started a second shift at its Anantapur facility. The plant was producing about 6,500 units a month and now produces close to 13,000 units.
Thoughts About The Kia Expanding Its Sales Network
This is a very smart move by Kia. We know they offer fantastic products at a price that most other manufacturers cannot. Increasing their presence across the country means reaching out to more customers who can now buy the vehicles closer to home.