- 13 hrs ago Royal Enfield Headed To Double Digit Growth Says New CEO Vinod Dasari
- 15 hrs ago Mahindra Jeeto Plus Launched In India: Priced At Rs 3.46 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago MG Motor Launches Experience On Wheels Mobile Showroom
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Baleno Sales Achieves New Milestone: Fastest Selling Premium Hatchback In The Country
- Finance Time To Book Profits As Sensex Hits Record Highs
- Technology Best Nokia Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000 That Support WhatsApp
- Movies Shabana Azmi’s Mother Shaukat Kaifi, Veteran Stage And Film Actress, Passes Away At 93
- News Naxal attack in Jharkhand's Latehar: 3 Jawans martyred, one injured
- Sports Indian National Rally Championship: Fabid, Dean-Gaurav showdown adds spice to Round 4 of INRC
- Lifestyle 7 Effective Home Remedies For Chickenpox
- Travel Jagdalpur – A Paradise Full Of Natural Bounties
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Kia Motors entered the Indian market back in August 2019, with their Seltos SUV. The South Korean carmaker has now become the fifth largest car manufacturer in the country, overtaking other major brands in the first two months.
Kia Motors currently commands a market share of 4.5% in the Indian market. It is positioned in fifth just behind the likes of Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Mahindra and Tata Motors.
The Korean carmaker currently has just one product in the Indian market, the Seltos. This SUV has been received extremely well, selling over 12,850 units in the Indian market during the month of October 2019.
|Rank||Brand||Oct-19||Oct-18||Market Share (%) |
The company has already surpassed other major brands such as Honda, Renault, Toyota and Volkswagen in the Indian car industry. The company has slowly been improving its sales figures month-on-month.
The Kia Seltos which sold 6,236 units in its first month of August 2019, managed to improve to 7,754 units in September 2019 — here are the details.
However, in the last month, the Seltos made a bigger jump with a growth of 65.72% registering 12,850 units of sales. At this rate, Kia could even surpass Tata Motors in terms of market share in the coming months. Tata Motors is currently positioned in fourth on the list with just 0.10% higher market share at 4.6%.
Kia Motors also recently announced its plan to increase production at their manufacturing facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The company is set to ramp up production volumes to meet the rising demand for the Seltos.
The increase in production will also give the company a simulation of the production process when they add another product in their Indian lineup.
The Korean carmaker has already announced the Carnival MPV as their second product in India. The new Kia Carnival will be launched in India at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo.
The company had initially announced that they plan to introduce one new product every six months in India. The Seltos and the Carnival are the first two products as part of this plan.
Apart from Kia Motors, Chinese-owned British carmaker MG Motors has also entered the top-10 list. MG Motors which also entered the Indian market, around the same time as Kia are currently the 10th largest carmaker in the market, with a market share of 1.2%.
The company also currently has just a single product in its lineup, the Hector. However, MG Motors is working on introducing an electric SUV as its second product for India; this will be in the form of the eZS SUV.
Thoughts On The Kia Motors Market Share In India
Kia Motors is slowly growing among the ranks of the largest carmakers in the Indian market. Their first product, the Seltos has been received extremely well in the country; currently holding the tag as the best-selling SUV in India.