- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet the youngest Lok Sabha MP from Odisha, Chandrani Murmu
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Pushes Kumkum Bhagya To Second Spot; YRKKH Drops Down!
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Kia Motors is planning to put up a grand show at the upcoming Geneva International Motor Show (GIMS) 2019. The prestigious automotive event will commence on March 5. Now, the South Korean automotive brand has released a teaser image of an all-electric concept that will be unveiled at GIMS 2019.
The decade has seen a lot of interesting concepts in the field of electric mobility that are aimed to be efficient as well as engaging. Major automotive brands originating from Germany, Sweden, England and Japan have all hit the headlines with their desirable concepts and prototypes for the future. This could be the reason why Kia Motors has also cooked up something interesting.
The teaser image shows the front view of the Kia electric concept in a rather unrevealing fashion; just how teasers are supposed to be. However, the LED lighting pattern was left as the main highlight. It runs around the front grille, forming a 'horizontally-distorted hour-glass' shape. There are no ORVMs (Outside Rear-View Mirrors), but two components that weirdly resemble the eyes of a snail. This could obviously be an advanced camera system.
Speaking more about the looks of the Kia electric car concept, Gregory Guillaume, Vice President of Design at Kia Motors Europe shared, "We imagined designing an all-electric car that not only answered consumer concerns around range, performance, recharging networks and driving dynamism, but one that also gave you goosebumps when you looked at it, and made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you drove it."
The overall aesthetics are about "about capturing the heart and making it beat that bit faster for that bit longer and there's absolutely no reason why that should change simply because the car is electric."
As mentioned before, nothing much is known about the all-electric Kia concept. But as expected, it will prove to be a good alternative to the likes of future Audi e-tron, BMW-i, Mercedes-Benz Vision range of products. This will be the case only if it ever makes it into production.
The name of the concept is yet to be revealed. The project was developed at the brand's design facility in Frankfurt, Germany. Automotive enthusiasts across the world are eagerly waiting to know any sort of additional information regarding the upcoming Kia electric car.
Thoughts On The Kia Electric Car Concept
As usual, this year's Geneva International Motor Show will witness the participation of a lot of interesting automotive products and technologies. The Kia electric car concept might not be a show-stopper at the event, but will definitely give some insight into where the South Korean brand is heading.