- 7 hrs ago High Note Performance To Import S&S Exhausts For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- 8 hrs ago Mahindra Launches All New Bolero Camper Gold ZX — Still Trying To Be A Truck
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu V Cross Facelift Features 20 New Upgrades — Updates, Upgrades, And Prices
- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Z250 Discontinued — Officially Removed From Company Website
- News International Yoga Day 2019: Ranchi decked up, Modi to perform Asanas with 35,000 people
- Sports 23-member squad for Junior Asian Championship announced
- Movies Kabir Singh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction - Netizens HAIL Shahid Kapoor
- Finance NCLT Admits Insolvency Plea Against Jet Airways
- Lifestyle International Day Of Yoga 2019: 10 Yoga Poses To Get Rid Of Belly Fat
- Technology Infinix Hot7Pro Up For Sale With Launch Offer – All You Need To Know
- Education CHSE Result 2019: Steps To Check Odisha +2 Result For Arts And Commerce Streams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Kia Motors will make its official debut in India this year. The South Korean brand is busy setting up a strong network of dealerships across the country. The company will launch its first made-in-India product, the Kia SP2i five-seater SUV, by the end of this year. Now, three out of the total 35 initially-proposed showrooms have been confirmed for Kerala.
Kerala-based Alyson Group has shared on their facebook page that they will be the official dealers of Kia Motors in Kerala. Kia Motors India recently conducted a design tour in the northern district of Kozhikode (Calicut) in Kerala, to introduce the brand to its potential customers. At the event, the company also showcased the Kia Niro and Carnival.
The first three Kia Motors Kerala dealerships will be opened in Kannur, Calicut and Malappuram. New showrooms will be introduced towards the southern parts of Kerala (Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram) at a later stage.
All Kia Motors India dealerships will follow the brand's 'Red Cube' architectural design theme. The very first Kia showroom in India is almost ready in Noida. The building looks more like a corporate office rather than just an outlet for sales, spares and service — check it out here.
Coming back to the Kia SP2i, the SUV was initially introduced as the SP concept back at Auto Expo 2018; the venue where the brand announced their Indian debut. The Kia SP2i's production version was recently showcased at the company's manufacturing facility in Ananthapur, Andhra Pradesh.
The Kia SP2i will be available in both petrol and diesel formats. Not many details regarding its specifications are available at this point, but certain sources claim that the petrol variant sports a 1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder unit that makes close to 140bhp. The diesel engine will most likely be the 1.6-litre unit found in the Hyundai Creta which it shares a lot of components with.
Once launched, we can expect the new Kia SP2i to be a strong rival to the SUVs competing in the price range of Rs 10 – 16 lakh ex-showroom. Hence, the SP2i could be a desirable alternative to the likes of the Renault Captur, Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and of course, the Hyundai Creta.
Thoughts On Kia Motors' Dealerships In India
Kia Motors has laid down an aggressive business strategy for the Indian market, with back-to-back launches in the coming years. The company has already shared that six models will be introduced in the country within a span of three years. This includes a sub-four-metre compact-SUV and a cross-hatchback as well. With more Kia dealerships coming up in India, the company will certainly make their introduction felt on the market.