- 5 hrs ago New BMW R 18 Cruiser Production-Spec Model Unveiled: To Rival The Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe
- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Hyundai Verna Facelift, Kia Sonet Interiors Spied, Honda Jazz BS6, & More
- 16 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Bullet 350 BS6, Scooty Pep Plus, Bajaj Pulsar Range Launched & More
- 16 hrs ago KTM & BMW Motorrad Opt Out Of 2020 EICMA, INTERMOT Motor Shows Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
- News Anti-parasitic drug kills coronavirus within 48 hours in lab grown cells: Study
- Sports Maharashtra players start 'Gamechangers' fund, raise Rs 1.5 lakh for needy
- Lifestyle Qubool Hai Actress Surbhi Jyoti Wows In Peach Flared Ruffle Dress In Her Latest Photoshoot
- Technology Paytm Offering 50% Cashback On 4G Add-On Packs
- Movies Neha Pendse On Lockdown Being Compared To Bigg Boss: ‘BB Is True Hell, This Is La-la Land’
- Finance Airlines Are Accepting Flight Bookings From 15 April
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
- Education ETS Offers At-Home Solutions For TOEFL And GRE Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Kia Motors India is all set to bring in its second product in the Indian market, the Carnival MPV. The new Kia Carnival MPV is expected to go on sale sometime in January 2020. Ahead of its launch, the company has released the first official teaser video of the upcoming MPV for India.
The Carnival MPV is already on sale in the international market. However, Kia will offer the Carnival with a number of India-specific styling and features as well. The MPV will be assembled in India at its Anantapur plant, Andhra Pradesh; imported as a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit.
This will allow Kia Motors to price the Carnival MPV competitively in the Indian market, with an expected price range of around Rs 30 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched, the Kia Carnival will be a premium MPV offering, positioned a segment above the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Innova Crysta. It will, however, be priced lower than the likes of other premium MPVs, such as the Mercedes-Benz V-Class and the Toyota Vellfire.
The new Kia MPV will also come with large overall dimensions. This includes a length of 5115mm, a width of 1985mm and height of 1740mm. The Kia Carnival MPV also comes with a wheelbase of 3060mm.
The Kia Carnival will be offered in a choice of three seating options: six, seven or eight-seater. It will come with a host of premium features and equipment. This includes plush leather seats, rear-seat entertainment, large touchscreen infotainment system with Kia's UVO Connectivity, three-zone climate control, electrically adjustable seats with memory function for the first row, individual captain seats for the second row and a host of others as well.
The Kia Carnival is expected to be powered by a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. It produces 202bhp and 441Nm of peak torque and will come mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The engine will be compliant with the latest BS-VI emission regulations, to be implemented from the 1st of April 2020.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV
The Kia Carnival is a premium offering from the brand in the Indian market. After the success of the Seltos in the country, the Kia Carnival MPV is not aimed towards providing volume sales to the company, but rather helping the brand establish itself as a premium brand in the Indian market.