- 4 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Kia Motors has been testing the Kia Carnival in the country for roughly a month now. Spy pics of the all-new Carnival reveal some details of the vehicle.
Spy pics taken by Powerdrift reveal that the soon-to-be launched Kia Carnival features sleek looking wrap-around LED taillights, the Kia badging in between the taillights, a chrome highlight, and a body coloured rear bumper.
Spy pics of the side of the Kia Carnival do not reveal much, the car does have some shoulder lines across the body, and fairly large wheel archs. They also show what look like machined 18-inch alloy wheels. (18-inch wheels are available as an optional, 17-inch wheels are offered as standard).
The Kia Carnival is a five-door MPV and is offered with seven-seat, eight-seat, and eleven-seat configurations in foreign markets. There are high chances that the Carnival will be offered with seven-seat and eight seat configurations in the Indian markets.
The seven-seat variant features captain seats in the middle row, and also feature retractable footrests.
The Carnival MPV is available with multiple engine options in foreign markets. Rumor has it that only the 2.2-litre, 200bhp engine will be available in India. This engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox for foreign markets. Kia Motors may consider offering the automatic as well a manual transmission unit in India.
Since the Kia Carnival will compete with the Toyota Innova, we expect the MPV to be priced roughly between Rs 16 lakh and Rs 25.5 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
While the projected prices are higher than what the Innova retails at, the Carnival is larger and offers more cabin space, three-zone climate control, dual sunroof, multiple USB ports, front & curtain airbags, and a lot more.
Kia Motors recently launched the Seltos SUV. The all-new SUV has created new sales & booking records for its segment, and the company has started its first lot of customer deliveries.
Thoughts About The Kia Carnival
The Carnival looks almost like a re-badged Toyota Innova. Having said that, we're sure Kia will load the MPV with as many features as the Seltos has. In fact, we expect a more comfortable and luxurious cabin. We wonder if the Carnival will do as well as the Seltos and cement Kia's status as a formidable brand.