- 11 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 11 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 16 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Kia Carnival has been spotted testing again. Spy pics of the Kia Carnival uploaded by Rushlane reveal the test mule sans camouflage, and also reveal the MPV sporting a sunroof.
Spy pics of the Kia Carnival do not reveal any other features of the multi passenger vehicle. The vehicle bears an Andhra Pradesh registration plate, but was spotted testing in the Northern regions of the country. There is a possibility that the test model is doing rounds of Kia dealerships across India.
The company has already released a teaser video of the Carnival MPV. The teaser showcases a top-end variant that arrives with a six-seat configuration, and features individual captain seats for all passengers.
Interiors of the Kia Carnival arrive fully loaded and feature optional rear-seat entertainment packages, electronically adjustable seats at the front, a touch screen infotainment system, leather seats, and a sunroof. Most of these features are limited to top-end variants.
The India specific Kia Carnival will feature a BS6 compliant 2.2-litre CRDi engine that produces 200bhp of power and 440Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
One the primary highlights of the Kia Carnival is the electric sliding doors that the MPV features. Sliding doors were last seen on the Maruti Eeco, and are fantastic to have in tight parking conditions, and when easy ingress is a priority.
Essentially a five-door van, the Kia Carnival will be available in six, seven, and eight seat configurations. Each configuration however, will progressively decrease the boot space in the vehicle. Once launched, the Kia Carnival will compete with the Toyota Innova Crysta.
On the luxury side, popular choices today are the Toyota Vellfire and the Mercedes-Benz V Class. The Kia Carnival will be a much cheaper alternative to these vehicles with an expected ex-showroom price of between Rs 22.5 lakh and Rs 29.5 lakh.
Thoughts About The Kia Carnival Spotted Testing
The Kia Carnival sounds like its almost ready to swallow the Innova's market whole. The company's first offering, the Seltos has already established itself as the king in its segment, and expectations are that the Carnival will do the same in its segment. We expect to see more spy pictures of the Kia Carnival until launch.