- 12 min ago TVS NTorq 125 Facelift With LED Headlamp & New Design Teased Through Short Video
- 1 hr ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- News Relentlessly pursuing Zakir Naik extradition: India rebuts Malaysian PM’s statement
- Technology Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- Lifestyle World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Announces Next - The Big Bull; To Be Produced By Ajay Devgn
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Kia Motor India is all set to roll out its first product in the Indian market, the SP2i SUV. The Kia SP2i SUV was first showcased in its concept version at the 2018 auto Expo. The car has been spotted testing multiple times in India and is expected to be launched sometime in mid-2019.
Kia recently held an event at their production plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh to celebrate the start of trial productions. At the event, Kia showcased a highly-camouflaged version of the production-spec SP2i SUV.
Following the SP2i SUV, Kia Motor India will introduce the Carnival MPV in India. The Kia Carnival MPV is expected to be launched in India, sometime in 2020. Similar to the SP2i, the Kia Carnival will also be brought into India as a CKD unit and assembled in the company's plant.
We got to visit the Kia Motor India factory in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh and check out all the various production areas of the 540-acre facility. It also gave us an opportunity to briefly get behind the wheel of the Kia Carnival MPV — read about our visit to the Kia Motor India factory here.
The Kia Carnival MPV will be offered as a more premium alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta. Being a CKD unit, the taxes for the Carnival MPV will be higher suggesting prices upwards of Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Kia Carnival MPV measures 5,155mm in length, 1,985mm in width, 1,740mm in height and has a wheelbase of 3,060mm. To put things in perspective, the wheelbase of the Innova Crysta is 2,750mm, which is 310mm shorter than the Carnival MPV.
Internationally, the Kia Carnival MPV is available in a range of four-seating configurations — 7-seater, 8-seater, 9-seater and 11-seater. However, Kia might offer just the 7-seater configuration models for the Indian market, which comes with individual captain seats.
The Kia Carnival will be powered by a R 2.2 E-VGT diesel engine. It produces a maximum of 199bhp at 3,800rpm and 441Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. The engine is further mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission sending power to the front wheels.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV in India
The Kia Carnival MPV will be one of the premium MPV offerings in the Indian market and will directly take on the segment leader, the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Kia Carnival comes with a host of features and equipment and if priced competitively, could offer some serious trouble to the Innova in the Indian market.