- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- News CAA: On alleged police atrocities, SC says won’t hear matter in atmosphere of riots
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Kia Motors is currently working on introducing its first product in the Indian market, the Seltos. The new Kia Seltos is scheduled to go on sale in the country from the 22nd of August.
Kia Motors recently also confirmed that the Carnival MPV will be their second product in India after the Seltos — here are the top things to know about the Seltos. Now, recent reports from CarWale confirms that the Korean brand will launch the Carnival MPV in the Indian market at the 2020 Auto Expo.
According to reports, the upcoming Auto Expo scheduled for February 2020, will see the launch of the Carnival MPV. However, Kia Motors are expected to bring in a number of updates to the current model currently on sale in the Indian market.
The India-bound Kia Carnival MPV will be a facelift version of the current model. The Carnival was last updated back in 2015 and hence is expected to receive a facelift before entering India. According to reports, the Kia Carnival will be the flagship model for the company, used to promote the brand in the country.
The Kia Carnival will be positioned as a premium MPV offering in the country, above the Toyota Innova Crysta in the segment. It is said to be offered in a single top-spec variant and will come in a seven-seater configuration (International-spec models come with different seating options: 7, 9 and 11-seater configurations).
The Kia Carnival will be imported into the Indian market via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) unit and assembled at its plant in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. We got a chance to visit the Kia plant recently and also got the brief opportunity to drive the Carnival MPV — here are the details.
The Carnival comes packed with features and safety equipment. Most of them are either first-in-segment or best-in-class features. This includes electric sliding doors, individual captain seats for the second and third row, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, automatic climate control and a host of others as well.
The Kia Carnival is powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine producing 202bhp and 441Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission as standard. Internationally, the Carnival is also available with a larger 3.2-litre V6 petrol engine, however, this variant might not make it to the Indian market.
Thoughts On The Kia Carnival MPV In India
The Kia Carnival will be the flagship model for the brand in the Indian market. It will be positioned in the MPV segment, led by rivals such as the Toyota Innova Crysta, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Marazzo and the premium Mercedes-Benz V-Class as well. Pricing for the Carnival MPV will be announced closer to its launch date, however, we expect it to be in the range of Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.