- 22 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 24 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Is Second To None; Rowdy Trumps All Other Big Stars To Achieve This Feat!
- News Karnataka coalition on edge? Two Congress MLAs meet BJP leader SM Krishna
- Sports Pochettino fears Kane call could decide Champions League final
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The 2019 Jeep Wrangler is set to be launched in India soon, and has been spotted during testing many times. The Unlimited and the Sahara Trims have been spotted while testing and now spy shots reveal that the top-of-the-line Rubicon trim has been seen. The fourth generation Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was seen sans camouflage outside a Jeep dealership. The vehicle was in its 3-door guise.
Jeep is know for it's off-road capabilities, and the Wrangler models sit right at the top. While the Rubicon trim looks like like the other Jeep Wrangler variants, it is the most off-road dedicated of three. The 3-door version of the Rubicon that was seen sported ARAI stickers, confirming that it is on test.
According to ZigWheels, The box style and brutish design has been carried over through multiple generations, and the latest JL generation Wrangler has the same DNA. Jeep has made subtle changes to the off-road SUV. The vehicle now features LED headlamps, redesigned bumpers and alloy wheels. The rear section is also redesigned and features a beefy bumper with LED tail lamps.
The spied Wrangler Rubicon also has 'Rubicon' decals on the hood, and off-road tyres with threatening tread patterns. While the interiors of the vehicle are still to be seen, the new Wrangler that is retailed in foreign markets features an LCD instrument cluster, dual-zone climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system integrated with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The best parts of the Wrangler Rubicon however are under the rugged body. The SUV has an approach angle of 44 degrees, and break-over and departure angles of 27.8 and 37 degrees respectively. Ground clearance of the new Jeep Wrangler stands at 276mm, and water-wading depth is an impressive 762mm.
The Rubicon variant gets additional off-road features over the other trims. It features a Rock-Trac 4×4 system, front and rear locking differentials, Dana 44 heavy-duty axles, and a front sway bar disconnect system.
Expectations for the heart of the new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are a 3.0-litre V6 diesel that produces out 259bhp of power and 600Nm of torque, and a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine that produces 285bhp of power and 325Nm of torque. Both engines are likely to feature an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Jeep has been in India for roughly three years. The Jeep Compass is has been their most popular model. The company is planning to increase it's portfolio and is focused on launching the Compass Trailhawk soon. The fourth generation Wrangler is expected to launch during the second half of 2019. Jeep may launch the Sahara and Unlimited trims first, and then launch the Rubicon.
The fourth generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be priced at a premium over the current models that retail between Rs 58.74 lakh and Rs 67.60 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon That Was Spotted
One really can't point out too many differences unless the effort of a 'closer look' is put in. The new Wrangler Rubicon looks mean, aggressive and ready for absolutely anything. It's great that Jeep is here is India but we're trying to figure out why the country needs a dedicated off-road SUV when most folk buy the vehicle for two reasons — show off factor, and obviously as a luxury vehicle considering it's price tag.
The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is named after the Rubicon Trail in California, which is one of the toughest off-road trials in the United States.