- 1 hr ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Coming from a second-line side in world cricket, Shakib Al Hasan’s feat is extra special
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70 Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- News If you are going to cough, please go away the room: Donald Trump
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil Season 3: Is This The Final List Of Contestants?
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Make Us Want To Invest In Green Pantsuits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jeep's annual Moab Safari during the Easter period is set to start on the 13th of April and will go on till the 21st of the month, which is Easter Sunday. And in a time honoured tradition the American SUV brand has teased two concept vehicles for its annual safari in Moab, Utah.
The two concepts look to be based on the brand's Gladiator pickup truck. Jeep unveiled the Gladiator pickup truck at last year's Los Angeles Auto Show in November. The concepts teased for the annual Moab Safari show two rather different takes on the Gladiator pickup.
The first concept teaser image shows the front end of the Gladiator pickup truck with a J6 badge, a tribute to Jeep's J-series of pickup trucks from the 1970s. The truck is painted blue and also features a retro Jeep badge that sits on top of the J6 lettering on the fender. Other changes seen include lights mounted on the sides of the bonnet and a lightbar mounted on the roof. The blue-painted concept looks to be a single-cab which suggests that this pickup truck could be the shorter wheelbase variant of the Gladiator.
The second teaser image is bathed in a rather bright shade of yellow shows off a dual-cab version of the Gladiator that looks to have been really beefed up to go off the beaten path. The truck sports flared wheel arches which play host to some rather large-looking off-roading tyres. Another cool touch is the roll bar that is placed on the flatbed of the pickup truck concept. Other than the bright yellow, the second Jeep concept also sports touches of both black and white on its body.
Both concepts are expected to sport Jeep's 3.6-litre six-cylinder petrol engine that cranks out 285bhp and 352.5Nm of torque. The engine sends power to all four wheels via either an 8-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The annual Moab Safari was started way back in 1967 by the Moab Chamber of Commerce and is hosted by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers off-road club. Jeep has been participating in it for a while now and uses the safari to introduce new concepts to its fans who flock to the small Utah town to take on the rough trails that are found near Moab.