- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 1 day ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 1 day ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Finance Sensex Rallies 800 Points, Surges Past 33,000 Points
- News UP lifts ban on inter-intra state travel
- Lifestyle Bollywood Divas Who Paired Their Pretty Saree With Strapless Blouse And Made Heads Turn
- Sports Benjamin Pavard dreaming of treble with Bayern Munich
- Technology Infinix Hot 9 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Movies Finally! Shooting To Resume In Bollywood and TV; Maharashtra Government Issues Advisory
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Jeep's annual Moab Safari during the Easter period is set to start on the 13th of April and will go on till the 21st of the month, which is Easter Sunday. And in a time honoured tradition the American SUV brand has teased two concept vehicles for its annual safari in Moab, Utah.
The two concepts look to be based on the brand's Gladiator pickup truck. Jeep unveiled the Gladiator pickup truck at last year's Los Angeles Auto Show in November. The concepts teased for the annual Moab Safari show two rather different takes on the Gladiator pickup.
The first concept teaser image shows the front end of the Gladiator pickup truck with a J6 badge, a tribute to Jeep's J-series of pickup trucks from the 1970s. The truck is painted blue and also features a retro Jeep badge that sits on top of the J6 lettering on the fender. Other changes seen include lights mounted on the sides of the bonnet and a lightbar mounted on the roof. The blue-painted concept looks to be a single-cab which suggests that this pickup truck could be the shorter wheelbase variant of the Gladiator.
The second teaser image is bathed in a rather bright shade of yellow shows off a dual-cab version of the Gladiator that looks to have been really beefed up to go off the beaten path. The truck sports flared wheel arches which play host to some rather large-looking off-roading tyres. Another cool touch is the roll bar that is placed on the flatbed of the pickup truck concept. Other than the bright yellow, the second Jeep concept also sports touches of both black and white on its body.
Both concepts are expected to sport Jeep's 3.6-litre six-cylinder petrol engine that cranks out 285bhp and 352.5Nm of torque. The engine sends power to all four wheels via either an 8-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The annual Moab Safari was started way back in 1967 by the Moab Chamber of Commerce and is hosted by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers off-road club. Jeep has been participating in it for a while now and uses the safari to introduce new concepts to its fans who flock to the small Utah town to take on the rough trails that are found near Moab.