- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Jeep India has launched a new variant 'Sport Plus' for its popular Compass SUV in India. The new Jeep Compass Sport Plus is priced at Rs 15.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and is based on the base 'Sport' trim.
The new Sport Plus trim will sit between the base 'Sport' and the mid-spec 'Longitude' variant in the brand's Compass lineup in the Indian market. The new Jeep Compass Sport Plus will feature a number of additional equipment over the base trim. This includes new 16-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone climate control, black roof rails and rear parking sensors. This will be in addition to other standard features such as electric parking brake, disc brake on all four wheels and the frequency selected damping.
Kevin Flynn, India President & MD, FCA, stated:
"When customers buy a Jeep anywhere in the world, they get immersed in the SUV brand's fascinating lineage, superior on- and off-road dynamics coupled to the intuitive comfort and luxury they offer. Our Jeep customers in India own one for these very reasons. The new Jeep Compass Sport Plus has all the substantial elements that make it a true Jeep. It now raises the desirability quotient with this new feature-addition so Jeep customers can always get a vehicle a notch above the rest and at a good price."
The Jeep Compass Sport Plus continues to be powered by the same petrol and diesel engine options as seen on the other variants. This includes a 2.0-litre Multijet diesel engine producing 173bhp and 350Nm of torque and a 1.4-litre MultiAir turbo-petrol engine churning out 162bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. The diesel engine claims fuel efficiency figures of 17.1km/l while the petrol engine claims 14.1km/l.
Thoughts On The New Jeep Compass Sport Plus Variant
Jeep Compass is one of the most popular offerings in the SUV segment in the market. It is also one of the best selling products from the brand in India. Jeep is working on introducing a Trailhawk variant soon, which has already gained a lot of anticipation in the market. The Jeep Compass SUV rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Tata Harrier and the Nissan Kicks in the market. It will also rival the upcoming Kia SUV as well.