- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports It's a case of creating our own legacy: Windies skipper Jason Holder on World Cup
- News After win, Jagan Reddy says ‘Will remind PM Modi 40, 50 times' on Andhra special status
- Technology How to view hidden files on Android?
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections Day 17: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues Its Good Run
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been spotted testing in Pune a couple of months before its launch. The Trailhawk is a much-awaited variant of the Jeep Compass and it is set for its Indian launch in July 2019.
For Jeep enthusiasts and off-roaders, the Trailhawk is the variant of the Compass to go fro because it is in essence an off-road biased variant of the compass. The Jeep Compass has been around since 2017 and it is obvious that the Indian market loves the SUV.
It still manages to draw eyeballs, and sales are going strong too. To keep the sales going strong for a longer period though, Jeep would have to launch a new variant and the Trailhawk is exactly what the Indian market needs.
According to a report by Zigwheels, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk was spotted testing in Pune while partially camouflaged. The Compass Trailhawk's off-road bias is evident right from the moment one sets eyes on the SUV thanks to its increase ride height. This is the only major differentiating factor other than the Trailhawk badges.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk features the same exact styling as the other variants of the Jeep Compass. In the spy shots, it is seen riding on the same dual-tone alloy wheels seen on the Limited Plus Trim.
The pictures also reveal that the rear of the car was heavily camouflaged, depicting a change in the bumper's design. The rear bumper might feature a tow hook, completing the off-road look while increasing its utility.
The test-mule that was spotted was a dual-tone variant. The interiors will be similar to the other variants of the compass with the black-ivory interior combo. The Trailhawk variant will come with a bigger MID and cruise control too. The infotainment system will be taken from the Limited Plus variant.
It is an 8.4-inch touchscreen system that features Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk will also feature dual-zone climate control system.
It will still be powered by the 2.0-litre multijet diesel engine pushing out 170bhp and 350Nm. However, the major difference with the Trailhawk variant is the gearbox. For the first time, a diesel variant of the Jeep Compass will be available with an automatic gearbox.
A 9-speed automatic gearbox will be offered with the Jeep Compass. However, those who desire a manual gearbox with the off-road ready variant will be disappointed as it is available only with the automatic.
Drive is sent to all four wheels via Jeep's SelecTerrain AWD system. On the Standard AWD variant, it comes with Auto, Snow, Sand and Mud. On the Trailhawk, it comes with an additional 'Rock' mode. It even features a low-range gearbox and a locking rear differential to help with serious off-roading.
Thoughts On Jeep Compass Trailhawk Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The jeep Compass Trailhawk is the off-road ready variant of the Jeep Compass and it comes with all the bells and whistles. It will be the top-spec model in the Compass lineup. It is also the most-capable variant of the Jeep Compass, but it all comes down to the pricing. Will Jeep be able to price it right? Only time can tell.