- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk has been spotted testing in Pune a couple of months before its launch. The Trailhawk is a much-awaited variant of the Jeep Compass and it is set for its Indian launch in July 2019.
For Jeep enthusiasts and off-roaders, the Trailhawk is the variant of the Compass to go fro because it is in essence an off-road biased variant of the compass. The Jeep Compass has been around since 2017 and it is obvious that the Indian market loves the SUV.
It still manages to draw eyeballs, and sales are going strong too. To keep the sales going strong for a longer period though, Jeep would have to launch a new variant and the Trailhawk is exactly what the Indian market needs.
According to a report by Zigwheels, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk was spotted testing in Pune while partially camouflaged. The Compass Trailhawk's off-road bias is evident right from the moment one sets eyes on the SUV thanks to its increase ride height. This is the only major differentiating factor other than the Trailhawk badges.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk features the same exact styling as the other variants of the Jeep Compass. In the spy shots, it is seen riding on the same dual-tone alloy wheels seen on the Limited Plus Trim.
The pictures also reveal that the rear of the car was heavily camouflaged, depicting a change in the bumper's design. The rear bumper might feature a tow hook, completing the off-road look while increasing its utility.
The test-mule that was spotted was a dual-tone variant. The interiors will be similar to the other variants of the compass with the black-ivory interior combo. The Trailhawk variant will come with a bigger MID and cruise control too. The infotainment system will be taken from the Limited Plus variant.
It is an 8.4-inch touchscreen system that features Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk will also feature dual-zone climate control system.
It will still be powered by the 2.0-litre multijet diesel engine pushing out 170bhp and 350Nm. However, the major difference with the Trailhawk variant is the gearbox. For the first time, a diesel variant of the Jeep Compass will be available with an automatic gearbox.
A 9-speed automatic gearbox will be offered with the Jeep Compass. However, those who desire a manual gearbox with the off-road ready variant will be disappointed as it is available only with the automatic.
Drive is sent to all four wheels via Jeep's SelecTerrain AWD system. On the Standard AWD variant, it comes with Auto, Snow, Sand and Mud. On the Trailhawk, it comes with an additional 'Rock' mode. It even features a low-range gearbox and a locking rear differential to help with serious off-roading.
Thoughts On Jeep Compass Trailhawk Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch
The jeep Compass Trailhawk is the off-road ready variant of the Jeep Compass and it comes with all the bells and whistles. It will be the top-spec model in the Compass lineup. It is also the most-capable variant of the Jeep Compass, but it all comes down to the pricing. Will Jeep be able to price it right? Only time can tell.