- 7 min ago State-Wise Car Sales Report In India For FY2019 — Maharashtra Leads The Way With The Highest Sales
- 23 min ago Tata H2X (Hornbill) Launching Soon — Next SUV After The Tata Buzzard
- 32 min ago Volvo More Than 5 lakh Cars Across The Globe As Risk Of Fire Has Been Detected
- 1 hr ago Hyundai India To Hike Prices Across Its Entire Range — Will Receive New Safety Regulations Update
- Movies Shilpa Shetty's OOPS Moment Goes Viral; Actress Has Her Own 'Marilyn Monroe' Shot!
- News Illegal sand mining: Supreme Court issues notices to Centre, CBI, 5 states
- Sports 1 Year: Tokyo Olympics unveil gold, silver, bronze medals
- Travel Monsoon-Perfect Beaches Other Than Goa
- Finance L&T Shares Dips 2 Per Cent Despite Good Results
- Technology Honor 9X And 9X Pro Launched With Pop-Up Camera, Kirin 810, And More
- Lifestyle Malaria Parasites Become Resistant To Anti-malaria Drugs: Result Failure In Treatment
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles has started a trial production of the India-spec Jeep Compass Trailhawk. The SUV is being manufactured at the Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles facilty at Ranjangaon near Pune.
According to Team-BHP, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 171bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. We have no information about the transmission for the Jeep Compass Trailhawk but rumor has it that that SUV will feature a 9-speed automatic, and the Select-Terrain 4-Wheel Drive System.
FCA may also introduce a different variant called the 'S Buzz'. This variant will feature new interiors and 19-inch alloy wheels.
The made-in-India Jeep Compass Trailhawk will also be exported to various international markets. FCA may launch the Compass Trailhawk some time during 2019.
The Jeep Comapss Facelift is expected to launch some time in 2020.
Jeep currently offers five petrol variants. All five variants feature a 1.4-litre petrol engine that produces 160bhp @ 3,750rpm and 250Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. Four variants feature a 7-speed automatic transmission while one variant features a 6-speed manual transmission.
Prices for the petrol variants range between Rs 15.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 21.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The petrol variants are available in the following colour options - Vocal White, Minimal Grey, Magnesio Grey. Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, and Brilliant Black.
Jeep also offers nine diesel variants. All nine variants feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 171bhp @ 3,750rpm and 350Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. All the diesel engines are mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Prices of the diesel variants range between Rs 16.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 23 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The diesel variants are available in the following colour options - Vocal White, Minimal Grey, Magnesio Grey. Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, and Brilliant Black.
FCA saw sales figures drop over the financial year 20018-19. Combined sales of the Linear and the Punto stood at 798 units. FCA decided to stop investments as far as upgrading these two models were concerned and decided to use the moolah to strengthen its Jeep Compass network in India.
Launching the Jeep Compass Trailhawk is a step in that direction. FCA may be hoping that Jeep revives sales and compensates for loses incurred through the Fiat brand.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compass Trailhawk Test Run
With FCA aiming to increase the Jeep Compass network in the country, it appears to be a good move. What impact the Compass Trailhawk has towards sales figures are yet to be assessed.