- 20 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Karnataka rebel Roshan Baig hails PM Modi's 'minorities' remark
- Sports Indian badminton chief Himanta elected as BAC vice-president
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles has started a trial production of the India-spec Jeep Compass Trailhawk. The SUV is being manufactured at the Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles facilty at Ranjangaon near Pune.
According to Team-BHP, the Jeep Compass Trailhawk will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 171bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. We have no information about the transmission for the Jeep Compass Trailhawk but rumor has it that that SUV will feature a 9-speed automatic, and the Select-Terrain 4-Wheel Drive System.
FCA may also introduce a different variant called the 'S Buzz'. This variant will feature new interiors and 19-inch alloy wheels.
The made-in-India Jeep Compass Trailhawk will also be exported to various international markets. FCA may launch the Compass Trailhawk some time during 2019.
The Jeep Comapss Facelift is expected to launch some time in 2020.
Jeep currently offers five petrol variants. All five variants feature a 1.4-litre petrol engine that produces 160bhp @ 3,750rpm and 250Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. Four variants feature a 7-speed automatic transmission while one variant features a 6-speed manual transmission.
Prices for the petrol variants range between Rs 15.40 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 21.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The petrol variants are available in the following colour options - Vocal White, Minimal Grey, Magnesio Grey. Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, and Brilliant Black.
Jeep also offers nine diesel variants. All nine variants feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 171bhp @ 3,750rpm and 350Nm of torque @ 1,750rpm. All the diesel engines are mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
Prices of the diesel variants range between Rs 16.50 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 23 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The diesel variants are available in the following colour options - Vocal White, Minimal Grey, Magnesio Grey. Hydro Blue, Exotica Red, and Brilliant Black.
FCA saw sales figures drop over the financial year 20018-19. Combined sales of the Linear and the Punto stood at 798 units. FCA decided to stop investments as far as upgrading these two models were concerned and decided to use the moolah to strengthen its Jeep Compass network in India.
Launching the Jeep Compass Trailhawk is a step in that direction. FCA may be hoping that Jeep revives sales and compensates for loses incurred through the Fiat brand.
Thoughts About The Jeep Compass Trailhawk Test Run
With FCA aiming to increase the Jeep Compass network in the country, it appears to be a good move. What impact the Compass Trailhawk has towards sales figures are yet to be assessed.