- 8 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Movies Mayanti Langer To Skip IPL 2020 As The Anchor Welcomes A Baby Boy With Husband Stuart Binny
- News Opposition parties question setting up of PM CARES Fund, allege it lacks transparency
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Sports Bagnaia hands second successive Misano pole to Vinales with costly late error
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Bookings for the Jeep Compass Trailhawk have been opened. Jeep India has officially started accepting bookings for the new Trailhawk variant of the Jeep Compass. Buyers can book the new variant at any of the 82 Jeep dealerships across the country by paying a token amount of Rs 50,000.
Jeep India has had the Compass on sale in the Indian market for nearly two years now and the SUV had impressed us mightily when we drove the 4WD variant for the first time back in 2017. But a large majority of Jeep's sales in India have come from the FWD variant owing to the low cost.
This however, did not stop Jeep from selling the 4WD variant. In-fact, Jeep has gone ahead and brought this into our market - Their trail-rated 'Compass Trailhawk' variant. It is essentially the most rugged and most off-road capable version of the Jeep Compass you can buy and is expected to cost around Rs 25 lakh (ex-showroom).
The biggest change up front in terms of design is the new redesigned bumper design that allows the SUV to have a better approach angle. The SUV now comes with four skid plates instead of two.
It sports a dual-tone bonnet with a non-reflective anti-glare black patch on the hood. When viewed from the sides, one's attention is drawn to the new dual-tone 17-inch alloy wheels. While all other variants of the Jeep Compass come with road-biased Firestone Tyres, the Trailhawk comes with Falken All-terrain rubber.
Jeep has raised the height of the SUV and it is quite visible on the side profile as it now gets an additional 27mm of ground clearance. The rear of the SUV comes with a red-coloured tow-hook that is rated for a towing capacity of 1.5 times the Trailhawks weight. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk comes with the trail-rated badges from Jeep which makes it very special.
The Jeep Compass Trailhawk comes with an all-black interior with red accents. The seats come with red double-stitching and the SUV features red-coloured trim surrounding the gear lever, the instrument cluster and the speakers.
The panoramic sunroof is an optional extra on the top-spec trailhawk while it is standard equipment on the Limited Plus. However, keyless entry and go, cruise control and a 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay all come as standard fitment.
It features a 7.0-inch LCD multi-information display in the instrument cluster. Safety features include side and curtain airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, Traction Control, hill start assist, hill descent control and electronic parking brake.
The Trailhawk is powered by the same 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine as in other variants. However, it is now BS-VI emissions norms compliant and pushes out 173bhp at 3,750rpm and 350Nm of peak torque between 1,750 and 2,500rpm. Jeep's 9-speed automatic transmission mated to a low-ratio gearbox debuts in the Trailhawk.
Thoughts On Jeep Compass Trailhawk Bookings Being Opened
The Trailhawk is the most radical variant of the Jeep Compass and also the most expensive. Jeep hasn't revealed prices yet, but the bookings being opened is a sign that we are closer to the launch than ever before.