- 9 min ago Volvo More Than 5 lakh Cars Across The Globe As Risk Of Fire Has Been Detected
- 1 hr ago Hyundai India To Hike Prices Across Its Entire Range — Will Receive New Safety Regulations Update
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 17 hrs ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- News Steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal's brother held in Bosnia for suspected fraud
- Movies When Shahid Kapoor Felt DISRESPECTED As An Actor!
- Travel Monsoon-Perfect Beaches Other Than Goa
- Finance L&T Shares Dips 2 Per Cent Despite Good Results
- Sports Sourav Ganguly slams India team selection for the tour of West Indies
- Technology Honor 9X And 9X Pro Launched With Pop-Up Camera, Kirin 810, And More
- Lifestyle Malaria Parasites Become Resistant To Anti-malaria Drugs: Result Failure In Treatment
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM FCA INDIA
In the first week of March 2019, FCA India will recall 11,002 Jeep Compass front-wheel-drive (or two-wheel-drive) models, produced between December 18, 2017, and November 30, 2018, equipped with the 2.0L diesel engine, to refresh the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software. This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for Particulate matter emissions.
FCA India and their authorized Dealers will directly contact affected customers, and confirm appointments at authorized workshops, as well as upgrading vehicles in stock. This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers. This is not a safety recall and the vehicle, as well as its occupants, are not at risk. Compass models equipped with All Wheel Drive (four-wheel drive) or Gasoline (petrol) models are not affected by this action.
Jeep has recalled the diesel version of the Compass SUV in India. The Jeep Compass diesel has been recalled over an emission issue in some of the vehicles. Jeep will be recalling the vehicles and fixing the issue.
According to Cartoq, the Jeep Compass diesel models have an emission issue, causing the vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for Particulate Matter Emissions. All vehicles manufactured between 18th December 2017 to 30th November 2018. The company has recalled over 11,000 vehicles manufactured during this period.
Jeep dealers will fix the issue by reprogramming the ECU with the latest software update. All dealers across the country have already been instructed to update the current old stocks left in the showrooms, before reaching out to customers. The dealers will also update all vehicles coming in for service.
The Jeep Compass SUV uses a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. The diesel version of the Jeep Compass also gets an option of either a front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive system.
Apart from the diesel, the Jeep Compass is also available in a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine, producing 160bhp and 250Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or the optional seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
The Jeep Compass was first introduced back in 2017 and is manufactured at Fiat's plant in Ranjangaon facility. The factory is also Jeep's main production hub for all right-hand drive markets around the world.
This isn't the first time Jeep has issued a recall in India. The company has earlier recalled 1,200 units of the Compass due to loosened fasteners in some passenger airbag models.
Jeep is currently working towards introducing the Trailhawk version of the Compass SUV in the country. The Jeep Compass Trailhawk will be the new top-spec variant in the model's lineup and is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Recall India
The Jeep Compass recall has been done to fix the emission issue from the diesel models in the country. All affected vehicles will be fixed and Jeep will be informing the respective customers personally, to fix the issue. The Jeep Compass in India rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV500 and the recently launched Tata Harrier in the market.