- 15 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 16 hrs ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 16 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- 17 hrs ago 2020 ‘Locally-Assembled’ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Launched In India — Priced At Rs 13.99 Lakh
- News AP EAMCET 21019 result likely to be declared before month end
- Movies From Saanvi To Lilly, Rashmika Mandanna Has Transformed Stunningly Over The Years! VIEW PICS
- Technology 10 OnePlus 7 Pro tips and tricks every user should know
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Shows Us Her Evolved Fashion Sensibility With This Sculptural Gown At Cannes 2019
- Sports FA Cup: Manchester City 6 Watford 0: Sterling hat-trick helps secure unprecedented domestic treble
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Education Gujarat Board 10th Result 2019 To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
According to FCA, 11,002 units of the Jeep Compass SUV manufactured between the 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018 have been recalled. The software update is to correct production variations, causing certain models to exceed the regulatory threshold for PM (Particulate Matters) emissions.
An official statement by FCA, states:
"In the first week of March 2019, FCA India will recall 11,002 Jeep Compass Front-wheel drive (or two-wheel drive) models, produced between 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018, equipped with the 2.0L diesel engine, to refresh the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software. This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for Particulate matter emissions."
"FCA India and their authorized Dealers will directly contact affected customers, and confirm appointments at authorized workshops, as well as upgrading vehicles in stock. This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers. This is not a safety recall and the vehicle, as well as its occupants, are not at risk. Compass models equipped with All Wheel Drive (four-wheel drive) or Gasoline (petrol) models are not affected by this action."
The Jeep Compass diesel variants are powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 171bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, sending power to the front wheels.
The Jeep Compass diesel is available in four trims — Sport, Longitude, Limited and Limited Plus. The top two trims (Limited & Limited Plus) are further available in 4x4 variants as well.
Jeep also offers a petrol engine option for the Compass SUV. This is in the form of a 1.4-litre petrol engine churning out 160bhp and 250Nm of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
FCA has confirmed that no petrol or four-wheel-drive variants of the Jeep Compass have been affected by the recall.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Recall
Jeep Compass is one of the most popular products in the highly competitive SUV segment in India. The Jeep Compass diesel prices start at Rs 16.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and rivals the likes of the recently launched Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.