- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 6 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
According to FCA, 11,002 units of the Jeep Compass SUV manufactured between the 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018 have been recalled. The software update is to correct production variations, causing certain models to exceed the regulatory threshold for PM (Particulate Matters) emissions.
An official statement by FCA, states:
"In the first week of March 2019, FCA India will recall 11,002 Jeep Compass Front-wheel drive (or two-wheel drive) models, produced between 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018, equipped with the 2.0L diesel engine, to refresh the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software. This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for Particulate matter emissions."
"FCA India and their authorized Dealers will directly contact affected customers, and confirm appointments at authorized workshops, as well as upgrading vehicles in stock. This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers. This is not a safety recall and the vehicle, as well as its occupants, are not at risk. Compass models equipped with All Wheel Drive (four-wheel drive) or Gasoline (petrol) models are not affected by this action."
The Jeep Compass diesel variants are powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 171bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, sending power to the front wheels.
The Jeep Compass diesel is available in four trims — Sport, Longitude, Limited and Limited Plus. The top two trims (Limited & Limited Plus) are further available in 4x4 variants as well.
Jeep also offers a petrol engine option for the Compass SUV. This is in the form of a 1.4-litre petrol engine churning out 160bhp and 250Nm of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
FCA has confirmed that no petrol or four-wheel-drive variants of the Jeep Compass have been affected by the recall.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Recall
Jeep Compass is one of the most popular products in the highly competitive SUV segment in India. The Jeep Compass diesel prices start at Rs 16.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and rivals the likes of the recently launched Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.