- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 9 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
According to FCA, 11,002 units of the Jeep Compass SUV manufactured between the 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018 have been recalled. The software update is to correct production variations, causing certain models to exceed the regulatory threshold for PM (Particulate Matters) emissions.
An official statement by FCA, states:
"In the first week of March 2019, FCA India will recall 11,002 Jeep Compass Front-wheel drive (or two-wheel drive) models, produced between 18th December 2017 and 30th November 2018, equipped with the 2.0L diesel engine, to refresh the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software. This action is to correct production variations that may cause certain vehicles to exceed the regulatory threshold for Particulate matter emissions."
"FCA India and their authorized Dealers will directly contact affected customers, and confirm appointments at authorized workshops, as well as upgrading vehicles in stock. This software refresh takes around 15 minutes and will be carried out at no cost to customers. This is not a safety recall and the vehicle, as well as its occupants, are not at risk. Compass models equipped with All Wheel Drive (four-wheel drive) or Gasoline (petrol) models are not affected by this action."
The Jeep Compass diesel variants are powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 171bhp and 350Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, sending power to the front wheels.
The Jeep Compass diesel is available in four trims — Sport, Longitude, Limited and Limited Plus. The top two trims (Limited & Limited Plus) are further available in 4x4 variants as well.
Jeep also offers a petrol engine option for the Compass SUV. This is in the form of a 1.4-litre petrol engine churning out 160bhp and 250Nm of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
FCA has confirmed that no petrol or four-wheel-drive variants of the Jeep Compass have been affected by the recall.
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Diesel Recall
Jeep Compass is one of the most popular products in the highly competitive SUV segment in India. The Jeep Compass diesel prices start at Rs 16.60 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and rivals the likes of the recently launched Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.