- News As first session of 17th Lok Sabha starts today, here is what is in focus
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jeep India has introduced a new variant to its Compass lineup. The Jeep Compass now comes with a new petrol-automatic variant for its Longitude (O) trim. The Jeep Compass Longitude (O) petrol automatic is priced at Rs 18.9 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The automatic transmission was previously available only on the Limited, Limited (O) and top-spec Limited Plus variant. However, Jeep has now introduced it on the mid-spec Longitude (O) trim. The automatic variant of the Jeep Compass is now cheaper by almost Rs 1 lakh.
Apart from the availability of the automatic, the Jeep Compass Longitude trim remains unchanged. It still comes with all the features, along with its long list of equipment.
Some of the features on the Jeep Compass Longitude (O): seven-inch touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, projector halogen headlamps, automatic climate control, push-button start/stop and 17-inch alloy wheels. Although, the trim does miss out on certain features such as LED headlamps, reverse parking camera and leather upholstery.
The Jeep Compass Longitude (O) trim was previously available with a single engine option. This was in the form of a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 173bhp and 360Nm of torque and mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. However, the Longitude (O) now also comes with the 1.4-litre petrol unit churning out 163bhp and 250Nm of torque. This is mated to a seven-speed DCT-transmission.
Currently, the Jeep Compass is available in Four trims — Sport, Longitude, Limited & Limited Plus. The Compass SUV comes with a starting price of Rs 15.39 lakh for the base 'Sport' trim. The top-spec 'Limited Plus', on the other hand, comes with a price tag of Rs 22.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On The Jeep Compass Petrol-Automatic Longitude (O) Trim
The Jeep Compass is one of the most popular SUV in the Indian market currently. It is also one of the best-selling products for the American brand in India. The Jeep Compass takes on rivals such as the Mahindra XUV 500 and the Hyundai Creta. The Jeep Compass will also rival the likes of the upcoming Tata Harrier and the Nissan Kicks, once launched in the Indian market later this month.