- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 2 day ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- News Nirav Modi's Economic Offender case adjourned after counsel says only PMLA court can try him
- Movies Anushka Sharma To Follow Rani Mukerji & Kareena Kapoor Khan's Footsteps? Find Out How
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Mumbai City sign Mato Grgic from NorthEast
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Or Sophie Choudry Or Diana Penty: Whose Ethnic Look Was The Freshest?
- Technology Xiaomi's Partner Holitech To Invest $200 Million in Country
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Jaguar Land Rover has confirmed that they will start introducing electric vehicles in the Indian market from this year. As part of their electrification plans for the country, Jaguar will launch the i-Pace SUV as the first fully-electric vehicle in India.
Jaguar aims to offer its entire electrified options in its portfolio as part of its global commitment. Over the next few year, Jaguar will introduce a wide range of electric vehicle options in the country, including hybrids and battery electric vehicles (BEV), starting from 2019.
Jaguar will first introduce hybrid products in the Indian market, sometime during the later part of 2019. Following which, the British brand will introduce its first fully-electric vehicle in the country, the i-Pace in the second-half of 2020.
One of the main reasons for Jaguar's push towards electric vehicles in the country is the new FAME-II scheme introduced by the Indian government. Jaguar also states that the focus of the Indian government to expand the electric charging infrastructure in the country, further pushed them into making the decision.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, JLR India Ltd., stated:
"Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path. The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and its focus on expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course."
Talking about the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace, the all-electric SUV comes with a 90Kw battery powering two electric motors. The electric motors produce a combined power output of 392bhp and offer a range of 480km on a single charge. The Jaguar I-Pace also comes with fast-charging technology, which charges the batteries in just 40 minutes.
Thoughts On The Jaguar Electric Vehicles For India
Jaguar Land Rover is one of the popular luxury brands in the country. The British car manufacturer offers a number of products in India, ranging from the entry-level XE sedan to the top-of-the-line F-type and F-Pace offerings. The electric vehicles from the Jaguar will be a new chapter for the brand in the Indian market.