- 13 min ago Tata Harrier Dark BS6 Special Edition SUV Started To Arrive At Dealerships
- 24 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 1 day ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 1 day ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- News Curbs on inter-state bus transport to continue in TN
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 75.3 Per US Dollar
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Worked As Arshad Warsi's Driver, Cleaned Studio Floors Before He Became An Actor!
- Sports Coronavirus: La Liga confirms Seville derby to restart campaign, season to finish on July 19
- Lifestyle Bollywood Divas Who Paired Their Pretty Saree With Strapless Blouse And Made Heads Turn
- Technology Infinix Hot 9 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Jaguar Land Rover has confirmed that they will start introducing electric vehicles in the Indian market from this year. As part of their electrification plans for the country, Jaguar will launch the i-Pace SUV as the first fully-electric vehicle in India.
Jaguar aims to offer its entire electrified options in its portfolio as part of its global commitment. Over the next few year, Jaguar will introduce a wide range of electric vehicle options in the country, including hybrids and battery electric vehicles (BEV), starting from 2019.
Jaguar will first introduce hybrid products in the Indian market, sometime during the later part of 2019. Following which, the British brand will introduce its first fully-electric vehicle in the country, the i-Pace in the second-half of 2020.
One of the main reasons for Jaguar's push towards electric vehicles in the country is the new FAME-II scheme introduced by the Indian government. Jaguar also states that the focus of the Indian government to expand the electric charging infrastructure in the country, further pushed them into making the decision.
Rohit Suri, President & MD, JLR India Ltd., stated:
"Jaguar Land Rover's focus is to commit itself to a more sustainable future and our engineers have developed just the right products to lead us on this path. The introduction of electrified vehicles in Jaguar Land Rover India's portfolio is in line with the government's thrust towards electric vehicles. The company is encouraged by the introduction of FAME-II by the Government of India and its focus on expansion of the charging infrastructure in the country. This is bound to help with faster adoption of all kinds of Electric Vehicles in due course."
Talking about the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace, the all-electric SUV comes with a 90Kw battery powering two electric motors. The electric motors produce a combined power output of 392bhp and offer a range of 480km on a single charge. The Jaguar I-Pace also comes with fast-charging technology, which charges the batteries in just 40 minutes.
Thoughts On The Jaguar Electric Vehicles For India
Jaguar Land Rover is one of the popular luxury brands in the country. The British car manufacturer offers a number of products in India, ranging from the entry-level XE sedan to the top-of-the-line F-type and F-Pace offerings. The electric vehicles from the Jaguar will be a new chapter for the brand in the Indian market.