- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News BJP leader Smriti Irani’s close aide Surendra Singh shot dead in Amethi
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Indian consumer's love for SUV's of all shapes and sizes seems to be evergreen. Every auto manufacturer has either an existing SUV portfolio or is in the process of building one. Germany based luxury car maker BMW is aware of this phenomenon and is bringing it's flagship SUV, the BMW X7 to India.
According to Motoroids, a well known BMW dealer organized a private preview of the X7, showcasing the luxury SUV that is launching in India later this year. A fellow motor-enthusiast shared some details about the SUV that were revealed at the private event.
The India spec model of the BMW X7 will be made available with three engine options - one petrol variants and two diesel variants.
The petrol engine that will be feature in the BMW X7 will be the xDrive40i, turbocharged straight six. The engine is tuned to produce 355bhp of power @ 5,500rpm and 330Nm of torque @ 1,500rpm. That is a lot of power for a petrol engine.
The two diesel engine options that the BMW X7 will feature are the xDrive30d, and the xDrive50d. While both engines are 3.0-litre inline six, the xDrive30d will feature two turbochargers that help the engine produce 261bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 620Nm of peak torque. The xDrive50d will feature four turbochargers and this engine will produce 394bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 760Nm of torque.
While there is no official confirmation, and we will get pricing details closer to launch, we expect the BMW X7 to be priced at Rs 1.36 crore for the xDrive30d, Rs 1.06 crore for the xDrive40d, and Rs 1.68 crore for the xDrive50d. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Once launched, BMW's flagship SUV is expected to compete against the Mercedes Benz GLS, the Land Rover Range Rover, and the Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Thoughts About The BMW X7 Engine options
Those are massive motors under the bonnet. BMW will definitely give a lot of the other luxury SUV manufacturers a run for their money. What we'd really like to do though is really test the BMW X7 xDrive50d. 349bhp and 760Nm of torque! Well hello beastie!