- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Indian consumer's love for SUV's of all shapes and sizes seems to be evergreen. Every auto manufacturer has either an existing SUV portfolio or is in the process of building one. Germany based luxury car maker BMW is aware of this phenomenon and is bringing it's flagship SUV, the BMW X7 to India.
According to Motoroids, a well known BMW dealer organized a private preview of the X7, showcasing the luxury SUV that is launching in India later this year. A fellow motor-enthusiast shared some details about the SUV that were revealed at the private event.
The India spec model of the BMW X7 will be made available with three engine options - one petrol variants and two diesel variants.
The petrol engine that will be feature in the BMW X7 will be the xDrive40i, turbocharged straight six. The engine is tuned to produce 355bhp of power @ 5,500rpm and 330Nm of torque @ 1,500rpm. That is a lot of power for a petrol engine.
The two diesel engine options that the BMW X7 will feature are the xDrive30d, and the xDrive50d. While both engines are 3.0-litre inline six, the xDrive30d will feature two turbochargers that help the engine produce 261bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 620Nm of peak torque. The xDrive50d will feature four turbochargers and this engine will produce 394bhp of power @ 4,000rpm and 760Nm of torque.
While there is no official confirmation, and we will get pricing details closer to launch, we expect the BMW X7 to be priced at Rs 1.36 crore for the xDrive30d, Rs 1.06 crore for the xDrive40d, and Rs 1.68 crore for the xDrive50d. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
Once launched, BMW's flagship SUV is expected to compete against the Mercedes Benz GLS, the Land Rover Range Rover, and the Land Rover Range Rover Sport.
Thoughts About The BMW X7 Engine options
Those are massive motors under the bonnet. BMW will definitely give a lot of the other luxury SUV manufacturers a run for their money. What we'd really like to do though is really test the BMW X7 xDrive50d. 349bhp and 760Nm of torque! Well hello beastie!