- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 14 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
ICOTY 2020: Hyundai Venue wins the 'Indian Car Of The Year 2020'. The Hyundai Venue was launched back in May 2019 and since then has become an instant success in the Indian market.
The compact-SUV from Hyundai takes over the crown from the Maruti Suzuki Swift, the previous year's winner of the ICOTY award. The Hyundai Venue, however, had some stiff competition in the category. The small sub-4 metre compact SUV took on 10 other very capable newly-launched cars in the Indian market.
This includes the likes of the Kia Seltos, Renault Triber, Honda Civic, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, MG Hector, Maruti Suzuki WagonR, Mahindra XUV300, Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, Nissan Kicks and Tata Harrier. In the latest sales report, the Hyundai Venue was the third best-selling SUV in the Indian market.
The ICOTY 2020 award was handed over to Bryan Dong Huwy Park, Executive Director - Sales & Marketing, Hyundai India, by Dr Raghupati Singhania, Chairman & MD, JK Tyre & Industries Limited.
The Jury for the ICOTY 2020 awards consisted of 16 members, each of them with a vast amount of experience and knowledge of the Indian automotive industry.
The winner of the ICOTY award was based on a number of different parameters. This includes value-for-money, build quality, price, fuel efficiency, safety, performance, practicality and suitability of driving on Indian roads; among a host of others.
Talking about the Indian Car of the Year 2020 itself, the Hyundai Venue was launched in India in May 2019. The compact-SUV is offered with a starting price of Rs 6.50 lakh. While the top-spec trim is priced at 11.10 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Hyundai offers the Venue with a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 82bhp and mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The second petrol engine is a new 1.0-litre turbo unit churning out 120bhp. This engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT transmission unit.
The lone 1.4-litre diesel unit on the Hyundai Venue produces 90bhp and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol is the only new engine on offer, the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.4-litre diesel have been carried forward from the Elite i20 and the Creta, respectively.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Venue Winning The ICOTY 2020
The Hyundai Venue is a very capable compact-SUV offering in the Indian market. The SUV took the Indian market by storm at the time of its launch, even overtaking the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in terms of sales numbers.
The Hyundai Venue was one of the obvious choices for the ICOTY 2020 award, although the Kia Seltos, MG Hector and the Renault Triber did come close to winning it as well. What do you think of the ICOTY 2020 winner? Do let us know in the comment section below.