- 3 hrs ago Geneva Motor Show 2020 Cancelled Due To Coronavirus Alert
- 8 hrs ago Vahan Database To Display Partially Concealed Names Of Vehicle Owners: Ministry Of Transport
- 11 hrs ago Hero Super Splendor BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 67,300, Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 1 day ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 BS6 (First Ride) Review: Crafted To Be More Invisible Than Before
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Not Working In Hollywood After xXx: ‘Not Actively Seeking Films There’
- Sports I-League 2019-20: GKFC vs PFC: Preview: Punjab pepped up for double over Gokulam Kerala
- Technology Vivo V19 Official Renders Show Design, Colors And More
- News With GDP growth at 7 yr low, FinMin says slowdown has bottomed out
- Lifestyle 11 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- Education UPSC Tie-breaking Principals For Civil Services And Other Exams
- Finance India’s Eight Core Industries Grew At 2.2% In January
- Travel March 2020: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
ICOTY 2020: BMW 3 Series wins the 'Premium Car Of The Year 2020'. The all-new BMW 3 Series was launched on 21 August this year and arrives loaded with creature comforts and features.
The premium sedan was took away the crown from last years winner of the Premium Car Of The Year, the Volvo XC40. The BMW 3 Series competed with a number of other cars that were shortlisted.
These include the Audi A6, the BMW X4, X5, X7, and Z4 models, the Jeep Wrangler, the Mercedes-Benz CLS and V-Class models, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. Of these ten finalists, the X7, the Z4, the V-Class, and the 911 Carrera were a no-show.
The Premium Car Of The Year 2020 award was presented by Dr Raghupati Singhania, the Chairman & Managing Director at JK Tyre & Industries Limited, to Mr Rudratej Singh, the President & Chief Executive Officer at BMW India.
The Jury for the Premium Car Of The Year award consists of 16 veteran journalists from the digital and print media houses. This years Jury included Yogendra Pratap and Rahul Ghosh from Auto Today, Dhruv Behl and Ishan Raghava from AutoX, and Aspi Bhathena and Sarmad Kadiri from Car India.
It also included Sirish Chandran and Aniruddha Rangnekar from Evo India, Kartik Ware and Pablo Chaterji from Motoring World,Bertrand D'souzaandRohit Paradkarfrom OVERDRIVE, Muralidhar Swaminathan from The Hindu Business Line, Vikrant Singh from Carwale.com, Kushan Mitra from The Pioneer, and Girish Karkera from GQ India.
The winner of the Premium Car Of The Year, the BMW 3 Series, is available with two engine options - a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-power turbo petrol engine that produces 256bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
The other is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-power turbo diesel engine that produces 188bhp of power and 400Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Premium Car Of Year 2020 is priced between Rs 41.40 lakh and Rs 47.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The BMW 3 Series Winning The Premium Car Of The Year 2020 Award
The BMW 3 Series is a sporty, aggressive car, has a punchy engine, and superior quality when it comes to interiors. We're not surprised that the 3 Series emerged as the winner. Congratulation to BMW India.