- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen Updates Pre-Owned Cars Centers In India: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago New Tata Tiago NRG Variant Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 9 hrs ago Suzuki Gixxer Range To Recieve New Colours: Teaser Released
- 11 hrs ago Best-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For August 2020: Hero Splendor & Honda Activa Take Top Honours
- News IHCL & AB INBEV launch 7Rivers BREWPUB at Taj MG Road, Bengaluru
- Sports IPL 2020: Skipper MS Dhoni says 'Chennai Super Kings lacking a bit of steam in the batting department'
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Movies Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of Drishyam 2: George Kutty To Get A New Look?
- Finance 7 Stocks That Moved The Most On September 25, 2020
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A72 Tipped To Be In Works; Might Offer Penta-Lens Setup
- Lifestyle Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
ICOTY 2020: BMW 3 Series wins the 'Premium Car Of The Year 2020'. The all-new BMW 3 Series was launched on 21 August this year and arrives loaded with creature comforts and features.
The premium sedan was took away the crown from last years winner of the Premium Car Of The Year, the Volvo XC40. The BMW 3 Series competed with a number of other cars that were shortlisted.
These include the Audi A6, the BMW X4, X5, X7, and Z4 models, the Jeep Wrangler, the Mercedes-Benz CLS and V-Class models, and the Porsche 911 Carrera. Of these ten finalists, the X7, the Z4, the V-Class, and the 911 Carrera were a no-show.
The Premium Car Of The Year 2020 award was presented by Dr Raghupati Singhania, the Chairman & Managing Director at JK Tyre & Industries Limited, to Mr Rudratej Singh, the President & Chief Executive Officer at BMW India.
The Jury for the Premium Car Of The Year award consists of 16 veteran journalists from the digital and print media houses. This years Jury included Yogendra Pratap and Rahul Ghosh from Auto Today, Dhruv Behl and Ishan Raghava from AutoX, and Aspi Bhathena and Sarmad Kadiri from Car India.
It also included Sirish Chandran and Aniruddha Rangnekar from Evo India, Kartik Ware and Pablo Chaterji from Motoring World,Bertrand D'souzaandRohit Paradkarfrom OVERDRIVE, Muralidhar Swaminathan from The Hindu Business Line, Vikrant Singh from Carwale.com, Kushan Mitra from The Pioneer, and Girish Karkera from GQ India.
The winner of the Premium Car Of The Year, the BMW 3 Series, is available with two engine options - a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-power turbo petrol engine that produces 256bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
The other is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder twin-power turbo diesel engine that produces 188bhp of power and 400Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Premium Car Of Year 2020 is priced between Rs 41.40 lakh and Rs 47.90 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The BMW 3 Series Winning The Premium Car Of The Year 2020 Award
The BMW 3 Series is a sporty, aggressive car, has a punchy engine, and superior quality when it comes to interiors. We're not surprised that the 3 Series emerged as the winner. Congratulation to BMW India.