- 31 min ago Mahindra Treo Zor Cargo EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.73 Lakh
- 1 hr ago 2021 Yamaha MT-09 Globally Unveiled: Improved Technology & Design
- 4 hrs ago Tata Gravitas Interiors Revealed While Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Ford EcoSport Price Hike Announced In India: Receives Marginal Increase
- Sports IPL 2020: CSK vs KKR, Match 49 updates: Kolkata Knight Riders face Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Ali Asgar & Charu Asopa's Akbar Ka Bal Birbal Ends Abruptly; The Actress Says They Are All Shocked
- Lifestyle Bigg Boss 14 Wild Card Entrants Naina Singh And Kavita Kaushik Sizzle In Gown, Who Looked Better?
- Finance Cabinet Hikes Ethanol Prices, To Benefit Sugarcane Farmers, Sugar Stocks
- News France: Knife-wielding man shot dead after attacking police in Avignon
- Education TNAU Rank List 2020: Check Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Rank List 2020 At tnau.ac.in
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Upto 50% Off On Laptops And Desktops
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Hyundai Xcent Nios was spotted testing ahead of its expected launch next year. The upcoming compact-sedan from the company is expected to borrow its design cues from the Grand i10 Nios hatchback.
The spy pics from Rushlane reveal a test mule that is camouflaged on the outside and inside as well. However, the spy images revealed the upcoming sedan to feature a larger touchscreen infotainment system, leather seats and a new dashboard design carried from the hatchback version.
The Xcent Nios is expected to be styled similarly to the hatchback it will be based on by borrowing the headlamp, tail-lamp and other exterior design from the Grand i10 Nios. The compact-sedan is also expected to feature projector headlamps with DRLs (Daytime Running Lights), LED tail-lamps and turn indicators.
We expect the Xcent Nios to feature a fresh interiors starting with a new touchscreen infotainment system. Other interior changes expected to the compact sedan would be revised dashboard design, soft touch plastic placed across the cabin, leather trim and more. Hyundai aims to revise the interiors of the Xcent Nios making for an upmarket design adding to the pleasant cabin feel.
The current-gen Xcent is offered with two engine options: a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 82bhp of power and 114Nm of torque, and a 1.2-litre three-cylinder diesel engine churning out 74bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission as standard with an optional 4-speed automatic gearbox offered with the petrol variant.
We expect the upcoming Xcent Nios to feature a BS-VI complaint engine that is currently featured on the Grand i10 Nios. The power and torque figures are similar to the 1.2-litre petrol engine featured on the current-gen Xcent. We expect Hyundai to offer an updated 5-speed automatic transmission with the petrol variant as well.
With the upcoming BS-VI emission which will be effective from April 1st, 2020, we expect the company to launch the new Xcent Nios well before the deadline. The price is also expected to see a noticeable increase because more parts added to achieve BS-VI compliance.
Thoughts About The Xcent Nios Spy Pics
Hyundai had introduced the Xcent into the competitive compact-sedan segment, which rivals the likes of Maruti Suzuki Dzire, Honda Amaze, Volkswagen Ameo and Ford Aspire. However, all the rivals have received an upgrade recently expect the Xcent. Hyundai is hoping to re-enter the segment by launching the Xcent Nios model with an overall design revision and added features.